Alright, so everyone I wanted to talk about today’s workout and aftermath results. By the way, I will make a “serious” topic after this one, and by serious, I mean something like my normal stuff where I have a topic of discussion and blow your brains up with information and set these high expectations that all of you will share feedback, Haha. Yes, I realize what I do with you guys and I just can’t help myself because I am so passionate about fitness and health and I want all of you to love it like I do and feel the same way I do; no I am totally kidding, I just want all of you to appreciate it in some form or fashion and have a little bit of different outlook maybe.. and share your inner feelings with me about it, so I can handle those concerns and make you smile again when I make mention of the gym and working out. I really do love fitness and health though, so I thank all of you for putting up with me when I talk about it a whole lot and spread my wonderful knowledge and opinions and sweaty facts.
As for today, I hated my lower body workout, not because I chose really lame exercises, or because I felt watched while doing my squats( although that did happen) but because IT HURTS so bad afterwards and during. Some of you are probably wondering what exercises I did; well I am going to tell you. I will also make mention it was a very high intensity day for me again on leg day.. I am sore.
- Leg press- 200lbs 20 minutes, 6 reps, 1.5 minute break between sets. Now some of you are wondering why I did this for 20 minutes, and not just 3 sets of 6 reps. Well yes, I could have done the 3 sets of 6, but I like timing myself when I do high intensity workouts sometimes. So, technically I am just doing it for as long as I can with the proper breaks between, so that I am not fatiguing myself. On a more normal day, I probably would have done 180 lbs, 3 sets of 6-8 and called it a day and moved on to another exercise, but I am not always normal.
- Russian twist using a 25 pound weight plate. This was my first time moving up to 25 pounds, normally I use 10 pounds but I felt like conquering the world and took the dive. my abs definitely felt the burn. I did 105 reps total, doing sets of 20 with a 30 second rest between.
- Split squats using two 10 pound weight plates. I did 6 reps instead of 8-10 because by this time, my legs were practically telling me to go fuck myself (excuse the harsh language) and I didn’t want to hurt myself, I did do 4 sets though each leg.
- Planks. 3 sets of 1 minute planks, This wasn’t so bad today; 1 minute break between sets.
- single leg deadlifts- 4 sets of 10 reps each leg using 10 pound weight plates. You betcha, I was wiggly like worm doing these today, I have horrible balance when I am not focused.. and today I lost focus due to the many questions this guy was asking me. Grr. I like this exercise though (heads up, I will talk about this exercise soon)
- I failed using the cables today for a lower body exercise (looked like a dork) I totally know better and I had a complete brain freeze and spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to use cables for a lower body exercise (for my hamstrings).. yes… shame on me. I am going to look into videos to refresh my brain. Even professionals such as myself forget things and embarrass themselves. Yes, I did have a couple of people watch me as I struggled to find the correct form and technique to my exercise with the cable. Talk about a nail to the ego, but I am okay, I will return and pretend nothing like that has ever happened to me & hope that somehow they forget all about watching me look like mental patient.