How was everyone’s weekend? I hope everyone got out and stayed active, if not, no worries .. the weather is getting cooler, so staying indoors doesn’t sound like a bad idea. I was able to stay away from blogging for the weekend for the most part besides the one post I decided to do. I went to the gym on Saturday morning and didn’t make it to the gym Friday morning and Sunday’s are considered my rest days. John’s schedule is back to “normal” for the time being, so he was able to meet up with me at the gym and get started on his workout I had planned for him. Today I did a great workout myself, so I am happy about that.
- High knees
- Stationary lunge stretchWorkout Session:
- Stationary bike- 45 minutes, level 5 resistance, RPMs 80-90
- Planks- 3 sets, 1:14 holds (That is his highest time right now)
- Treadmill- 5 minutes, no incline, 2.5 speed
John did very well today during his workout, and enjoyed level 5 on the bike. The planks we hadn’t done together in awhile, but he managed to do well with those too and I am very pleased with that. Tomorrow we are expected to meet again for another workout.
I did the same warm-up as John, plus a 10 minute walk on the treadmill at 3.5 speed and no incline.
Full body workout First:
- Body Weight Squats: 3 sets, 30 reps
- Dumbbell Woodchop: 3 sets, 10 reps per side
- Walking Lunge/Shoulder press combo: 3 sets, 10 reps
- Bentover dumbbell double row/ dumbbell bicep curl combo: 3 sets, 10 reps
Strength/ab workout: Second workout
- Tricep Dips – 5 sets, 8 reps
- Vertical crunches using the Tricep dip equipment: 3 sets, 10 reps
Cardio: Third workout
- Stationary bike- 45 minutes, level 5 resistance, RPMs – 80-90, the last 2 minutes, I kept them between 100-125 RPMs
Core Workout:Final workout
I did the same cool down as John.
My workout went very well, those planks killed me during the 2nd and third set. The tricep dips, I PRd because in the beginning when I started implementing them in my workouts (which was maybe a couple of weeks back) I was only able to do 5, but now I can do 8 reps. I am very pleased with that. I have not yet tried to hold my plank longer than a minute, but will retest myself and John sometime this month to see if our times go up any. The cardio workout actually went fine for the both of us, but I could feel the burn the whole way through. I normally do the last 2-5 minutes of my cardio workout pushing my RPMs 100-125 and today, I kept it at 125 the whole 2 minutes, so I am happy about that as well. I am starting myself on a new workout routine, with some changes, so things may or may not seem semi repetitive. The full body workout wasn’t too bad, the squats killed my legs per usual, the woodchoppers are awkward at first and takes sometime to get used to, and it was my first time implementing the bentover double rows, so that was neat. Overall, good day at the gym. Feel free to share your workouts in the comment section.
Your Fitness blogger,