I am writing this post a lot later than my usual due to my late return home, the unexpected nap I had that when I woke up I was in the Twilight zone for a hour or so, my mind being on other things and semi- having to meal plan and eat dinner, not to mention time has been passing me by. Today was a good day at the gym this morning, I ended up working out with someone new, whom works at the gym and she introduced me to new back and delt exercises and good conversation and laughs. I appreciate it, because it isn’t easy for me to reach out to people, I have social anxiety (another conversation for later) and I have minimal confidence sometimes, but I decided to reach out to her because we have fitness in common and she is a personal trainer, much like I will be soon. It was just really cool to connect with someone else in the field with some of the same interest. John & his SISTER shown up today for a workout, which was wonderful, she snuck in without me seeing her, but we ended up catching up and I had John do his warm-up on his own and exercise on his own today since I was working out with someone else at the time and he handled everything very well on his own, so I am proud of him. As always feel free to leave your workouts in the comments below.
- Walking lunge with hands up
- Side bends 10 reps
- Frankies 8-10 reps
- Stationary bike: 45 minutes, level 6, RPMs 70-80
- Planks: 3 sets, 1:14 each
- Treadmill: 5 minutes, no incline, 2.5 speed
- Treadmill: 15 minutes, no incline, 3.5 speed
- Rack pull: 3 sets, 85lb 10-12 reps
- Rack pull: 2 sets, 105lb, 10-12 reps
- Lat Pulldowns (wide grip) (Pyramid edition): 40lb (low weight) – 15 reps, 1 set.
- Lat Pulldown: 55lb, 1 set, 15 reps
- lat pulldown: 70lb, 1 set, 10 reps
- lat pulldown: 85lb, 1 set, 8-10 reps
- lat pulldown: 100lb, 1 set, 6 -8 reps
- low pull row/lat pushdown supersets: 100lb low row, 10-12 reps. Lat pushdowns 30lb 8-10 reps, we did about 4-5 sets
- Cable crossover/kneeling lat pulldown combo superset: 5-10 pounds on the cable crossover, and 20lb on the kneeling lat pulldown, we did about 3-4 sets and 8-10 reps on each exercise.
- Bentover barbell rows/bentover seated dumbbell flyes: We used the miniature barbells, not the big one. I used 50lb for the barbell rows, and 15lb for the flyes. We did about 4-5 sets, and 8-10 reps for each.
- Planks: 3 sets, 1 minute each