I have to admit by saying that today I was not prepared for the gym, not that my body was hurting or my brain wasn’t functioning right, it was the fact that I had not came into the gym with a plan written down for my workouts. I have been doing well with having my workouts written down prior to entering the gym, I bring my notepad and a pen with me and write down the amount of weight as I stroll along, but today it was a blank canvas and it caught me off guard. I was close to calling it a “cardio” day but if I did cardio for a full hour or so, then my gains would risk leaving. What I did instead was call it an upper body/Ab day since leg day was yesterday and I didn’t have any particular parts of the body that I wanted to work on today. With this being said, it was a short list, simple list but exercise doesn’t haven’t to be long and complex to be beneficial.
- I didn’t perform a proper warm up because I was too cool for that today.
- One arm pulley row (pyramid): 4 x 12, 20lb, 27.5lb, 35lb, 42.5lb
- Dual pulley row (Pyramid): 3 x 12, 27.5lb, 35lb, 42.5lb
- Triceps pushdowns (pyramid): 4 x 12, 20lb, 30lb, 40lb, 50lb
- Abdominal crunch machine: 5 x 20, 70lb
- Triceps dip (standing): 4 x 12
- Cable Crossover: 4 x 10, 20lb
- lat pulldown machine: 3 x 12, 70lb
- cable curls: 4 x 8, 25lb
- cable upright rows: 5 x 8, 25lb
That is all folks, because I did not do a proper cool down neither. Tomorrow the gym closes at noon for Thanksgiving and reopens on Friday. Chances are, I will be at the gym tomorrow, but not on my blog tomorrow because I have cooking to do and getting ready for the dinner. I most likely will not be on my blog Friday because I have to work all day, but if I find time, I will. The weekend I will not be on the blog because I give those days to myself. If I don’t speak to you before than, have a wonderful Thanksgiving! also feel free to share workouts in the comment section.
Your Fitness blogger,