Hey everybody, I know it isn’t quite 2017 yet or even New Years, but I wanted to get a head start in case I am having too much tomorrow celebrating and don’t have time to blog about it and wake up with a hangover on Sunday morning before work – not saying this will happen. I would never admit to this kind of fun! lol Don’t want to be a bad role model for all you good little noodles out there (but this could possibly happen) just a word of caution.
I want to keep this particular post short and sweet. Two questions I have for you to answer:
- What are you doing for New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day?
- Do you have a New Year’s resolution? (Feel free to let me know what it is in the comment section)
Now, these two questions are easy to answer, but I want you to think long and hard about the 2nd question, because if you do have a New Year’s resolution, think about if you made it for a prior year and didn’t fullfil it, why didn’t you fullfil it? Think about why this is something you want to happen or do, think about whether or not it would be a long term goal or short term, think about the plan (how will you achieve this goal, what sacrifices will you need to make, and is it realistic). Most importantly, just think about how you will respond if you don’t conquer the goal you set (but don’t linger on it)
Why I don’t make New Year’s Resolutions.
- I am constantly making goals for myself throughout the year (New Year’s isn’t significant to me)
- Half the time I forget about them within the next 3 months.
- Most of the goals I set, I don’t set them for a day and time, I just start them now, why wait a new year to do something
- It becomes much more of a fad to people – set one and say you have one and forget about it half way through the year and then start over again next year… just a cycle that I don’t want to get caught up in
- A New Year doesn’t always translate to a “new me”, yes I am growing and learning and continuously working toward bettering myself but it doesn’t take a New Year for this transformation to happen. Some things take longer than others, but just because it is 2017 doesn’t mean “OH NOW I CAN BE THIS PERSON” lol the old 2016 me is in the trash.. no.. I don’t look at it in this way.
- by this time next year, everyone will be on this kick “omg, I am so over 2017, bring on 2018” lmao – It never ceases to amaze
- I just have learned that if I want something, I don’t need to wait for it to happen, I need to make it happen – I don’t need to wait another year to make something happen, If I want it, I go for it no matter what year we are in.
Some people may call me boring or a “debbie downer”, but I haven’t made a New Year’s Resolution in like year or two and honestly, sometimes I come up with mental thoughts of one, but then I am like.let me just write down goals and make shit happen. It works for me. The only “New Year’s Resolution” I have , if this even counts.. is to make my blog even better, to take it up a notch and really hit the ground running – I have so much in store for you guys. 2016 has taught me more about blogging and writing and making sure I appeal to my audience and I want to continue honoring that by giving you ALL I GOT. I hope that all of you have enjoyed my writing as much as I have enjoyed sharing with all of you during the 2015-2016 year, if you thought you loved it, 2017, you will LOVE it!!! (hopefully, no promises).
Thank you everyone for all the amazing reads, the support, the positive feedback, the debates, the continued learning experience and the personalities you all have that have made me feel at home and at ease. I look forward to seeing many, if not all of you in 2017. I am still accepting ideas as far as to what you would like to see on my blog (topics, theme ideas, videos, how often you want me to write, etc) I am also accepting ideas for my YouTube channel (topics, videos, editing, etc) whatever you have in mind, feel free to share with me and I will be sure to write it down and think over it when I am making final decisions. I hope to have everything announced by the end of first week of January if possible, if not, the next week after that – depending on the schedule and how close I am in coming to a decision. Some things may remain the same, and some may change so be aware of that as well.
Hope all of you have a wonderful New Year’s Eve & New Year’s. Be Safe and have fun!
Your Fitness blogger,