Ello, hello, hey fitfam
I hope I am not late for the party, unless it encourages working out and getting all sweaty .. then I can wait another hour until everyone is finished. LOL. Today was another day I managed to make it to the gym, quite earlier this morning due to me getting off work at 8 in the morning. I somehow forgot to wear a bra and so had to drive all the way home to put on one before heading to the gym – don’t ask me how this happened, something tells me it was from the lack of sleep the night before or the late night partying where we all remove our bras and undies and show up to work! xD okay maybe not that.
Today’s workout consisted of back and arms. Many people for whatever reason don’t like working out the arms because it is “boring”, but I find that it can be fun and quite entertaining depending on the exercises you choose – and the amount of gains you get on leg day is possible on arm day if you really hit that weight hard. Today I PR’d in multiple exercises (which I will make mention which ones and by how much) and so that made me happy about arm day. I love back muscles, they are super nice to see on other people and I love when mine show – it is to die for. lol – maybe not that serious.
- /Treadmill: 10 minutes, 2.0 incline, 3.8 speed (you are probably wondering when I plan on doing something different with my warmups)
Workout Session: back & arms
- Wide-grip lat pulldowns (dropsets): 5 x 15, 12, 10, 8. 6 (amount of reps)/ 1 x 100lb, 1 x 85lb, 1 x 70lb, 1 x 55lb, 1 x 40lb
- Wide-grip half lat pullown: 3 x 15, 100lb (first time doing this exercise)
- one arm cable row: 4 x 8 per side, 25lb Superset with wide-grip cable row: 4 x 15, 2 x 42.5lb and 2 x 50lb (this was using the dual pulley cable because someone had to use the other one, so the load is smaller)
- Alternating Dumbbell curl: 5 x 15, 12, 10, 8, 6. 40lb – I PR’d by 10 pounds more! yay!
- Preacher curl with the EZ-curl bar: 3 x 10, 8, 6. 30lb Superset with seated incline dumbbell biceps curl: 3 x 15, 30lb
- Close grip bench press: 4 x 12, 10, 8, 6. 1 x 35lb, 1 x 55lb, 1 x 65, 1 x 75. I PR’d by 5 pounds! yay! I think my 1RM used to be 100lb, so I am aiming for that again
- Rope Triceps pushdown: 3 x 12, 10, 8. 30lb Superset with overhead rope triceps press: 3 x 12, 10, 8. 25lb
My preacher curl I am going to go up to 40-50 pounds because 30 was easy for me. I want to get my bench press back up to 100lb, so it is a work in progress at the moment. I am happy to announce my biceps have gained some hefty vein gains and muscle.. looking like a huge hill no one wants to ride their bike down. lol. I didn’t have to do squats today (squat challenge rest day) yay for me! my legs said “not today shay, not today”.
If you are someone who has been following my workouts and doing them, please let me know what you think, I know many people on Insta have told me that they have been doing my workout and have thought some of them to be killer and I love it, so if you are one of those people, give me some feedback on your thoughts!
Leave all your workouts in the comment section, along with your PR’s and positive attitudes! Feel free to share my workouts with friends and family, get them motivated and lifting!
Your Fitness blogger,