Alright everyone, so this is my squat challenge of 230 reps as of today, I believe I have like 2 or 3 more days of this challenge then it will end and I will be super excited and happy. Since doing this challenge, it gave me an idea. One that I will do a better job of for when I do another challenge. But this will be a trial and error challenge for all of you – and I hope you guys will want to take part.
Starting Feb 1st, 2017, I will be challenging all of you to do the same squat challenge as myself. It last 30 days and will encompass a positive mindset, good form/technique, and some endurance. Now, the way I wanted to set up this challenge is not going to be the way I do it this time around but next time around. This time round, I will have anyone who is interested in doing this squat challenge send me an email letting me know that you want to participate in this activity. Each day I will be the one holding you accountable, if you have a YouTube channel that you use, I would like for you to post the workout and send me the URL so I can be supportive and watch your form/technique to make sure you don’t injure yourself. If you don’t have a YouTube account nor want to post a video, I ask that we keep a line of communication open through email, skype or whatever works best for you.
Everyday I will be sending an email for the amount of reps that need to be done that day, and will send you an email letting you know when it is a rest day. You may choose to break the reps down ( 5 reps every hour, for example) or do the whole amount in one setting with breaks between reps. Now, this is challenging yourself, so if you only make it to day 12 of the challenge and that is all you can do, that is fine! great! reason being – because we will end up doing this challenge again down the road and the goal is to do better than what you did previous. If you make it through the challenge the whole 30 days, then CONGRATS! since this is a trial run challenge, I won’t have a giveaway, sorry. but in the future if my challenges become popular, I will start making them a giveaway to win prizes and what not. I will keep track of each person’s challenge and what day they are on (in case you skip a day or take a break, vacation, or whatever it may be) – this includes if you get sick.
- Each day I will be sending you an email with the amount of reps that need to be accomplished that day or with an email letting you know it is a rest day (now if I get a ridiculous amount of people who sign up for this, then I will also post it on my blog and YouTube so you can keep track of what day it is)
- Each day you will send me an email when you have finished the amount of reps (I am trusting that you do them, otherwise you are cheating yourself) you can let me know how you felt during them, ask me questions, or share some feedback.
- If you choose to send me video footage, send me the URL or post it on the blog, and let me know so I can check.
- You may “quit” at any time, the challenge is to go as far as you can go, I will keep track of this because when we do this challenge again, the goal will be to beat your last challenge and go further. (if you quit, let me know)
- This is pure bodyweight squats, no added weights nor equipment necessary
- No negative thinking, make it fun and competitive if you want to, this is for your benefit
- be ready to work your ass off, it isn’t easy!
If sending me an email daily becomes hard because of your schedule, you can send me one weekly giving me a breakdown of the week and what you can do.
This starts Feb 1st, no early starts, if you hear of this challenge after Feb 1st, it is okay to jump in, just means you will be ending later than others – but let me know when you do join please.
Now while some of you will be doing this challenge, I will be working on my next one .. I will keep everyone informed. if this becomes a hit, I have some good ideas. Now not all my challenges will be squats obviously, so obviously if you don’t want to do the squat challenge, my next challenge will be something different (but won’t tell you until the month is coming to a close in Feb)
I hope I get a lot of people who want to take part in this challenge, and future challenges as well. I would love if all of you can reblog this on your page so others will see this information and want to possibly join, get your family and friends included. Please share this on social media as well 🙂 I want everyone to have a chance to do something fun and active! If anyone has any questions please contact me.
Email me to sign up for the challenge so I know who all is participating! (it is free): Shay.Moss19@gmail.com
Your Fitness Blogger,