Happy Wednesday Bloggers! 🙂
I had to work last night until this morning, so I didn’t sent your challenge emails until I arrived at the gym around 9 something my time, I will try to be consistent with the time in the morning, so you know when to check your emails for it. I hope everyone’s first day of the challenge turns out for the best, I realize the first day delivered a lot of squats but don’t give up 🙂
As for me, I was trying to avoid squats for my leg day workout today. I was coming up with multiple leg day exercises in order to avoid squats and I end up having to do squats anyways. LOL. — so much for trying to avoid them. Anyways, I gave mys squat exercise some variety and it was fun but challenging. Did anyone else have a leg day today? – share some of your workouts with me! send me a video or link.
- Smith machine deadlift: 3 x 8. 105 lb, 155 lb, 175 lb, i don’t like doing deadlifts on the smith machine, but this is all my gym offers.
- Smith machine hip thrusters: 3 x 8. 65 lb, 2 x 75 lb
- Leg press calf press: 3 x 8. 110 lb, 130 lb, 150 lb
- Pistol squats: 3 x 8 each leg
- Glute kickbacks: 3 x 8 each leg
- fire hydrants: 3 x 8 each leg
- Mountain climbers: 3 x 10
- DB swings: 3 x 10. 35 lb
- Side lunges: 3 x 8 each leg
- split lunge jumps: 3 x 8 each leg
I like doing pistol squats, I used to not know how to, until recently I got back into practicing and now I am doing them better than before, I actually made it through them faster than I had anticipated. My legs were very sore from yesterday still, so my workout was enhanced. lol. I left the gym in the same pain I came in with, yippee for me! Hopefully tomorrow’s upper body day isn’t as sore.
Good luck challengers for tomorrow’s next squat challenge day, if some of you would still like to participate in this challenge, please send me an email at: Shay.firstname.lastname@example.org