Happy Monday!!! Fit Family 🙂
All of you probably thought I forgot to keep up with my program BUT no, I have been keeping up with it (just haven’t posted about it in some days because my workouts are repetitive a lot and because I wanted to give you guys something new to look at instead of sharing the same workouts) I will be doing a YouTube video today talking about my 12 week cut and some updates so that everyone can stay aware of my body and eating and workouts. I figured I would share this workout since I did go up in weight since day one in some of these exercises and let ya’ll in one a secret toward the end of this blog post.
- Incline bench press: 4 x 8-10 (increased the amount of sets by 1) 50 lb (increased the weight by 5 pounds) this was a good thing, I am feeling it very much so and it definitely is a struggle but I am happy I am able to do 50 lb at 10 reps.
- One arm DB row: 4 x 10 -12 (increased the amount of sets by 1). 25 lb, I again increased the weight by 5 pounds and I think by next week I will be going up another 5 pounds hopefully.
- Seated Barbell press: 4 x 8 -10 (increased the set by 1) 40 lb, increased the weight by 5 lb. Which is very good, it is very difficult, the first set always works out but the 2nd and third set gets more difficult. I don’t think I am ready to go up another 5 until another couple of weeks on this one (which is odd, since my standing barbell press is 50-60 lb)
- pull ups: 4 x 10 (increased the set by 1) and this did make a difference by increasing the sets, I was fatigued by the 3rd and 4th set honestly.
- skullcrushers: 4 x 10-12 (increased the set by 1) 20 lb and yes this does make a difference, I don’t know if I am ready for 30 lb yet, so I will stick with 20 lb for now.
- Dumbbell curls: 4 x 10-12 (I increased the set by 1) 40 lb. I think next week I will try to go up by 5 lb and see how I am doing, because I do well with my dumbbell curls for the most part but doesn’t mean I am ready to go full blown hulk mode.
I have finally also figured out the numbers (goals) for my low carb days,moderate carb days and high carb days based off my calories per macros, but to be honest, this is changing rapidly because I somewhat made a mistake in this, so I will talk about this in the YouTube video instead to save you from having to read a novel.
My cardio has increased, today it was 10 minutes on the treadmill 4.8 speed and no incline. I felt good, no side stitch (I plan on writing about) because I just figured out what this was when I was getting sharp pains in my obliques. Hopefully it will help others who might have the same problem as I have. Otherwise , today I was out of the zone.. I really was and my right arm triceps muscle hurt so much during my seated barbell press that it irritated me, I might have pulled something but I should hopefully be okay tomorrow. The secret is: Cutting is not easy! it takes so much dedication and discipline! I am feeling the overwhelming efforts.
Are any of you on a cut program? how is it going? what week are you on? have you noticed any changes or results yet?
I will share in my video what my weigh in revealed to me! lol —
Your Fitness blogger,