Remember – “The biggest competition you have, is yourself”
Hello Fitness Family ,
I realize I have been posting a lot of my workouts and less other post and this is because many times I have something going on and posting the workouts is much quicker to do with little time and I don’t like rushing when writing/typing blog post, so when I do other post aside from my workouts, I want to make sure I have an adequate amount of time and put the time and effort into them.
The above video will demonstrate today’s exercise of chose; which is the “standing dumbbell triceps extension”, an exercise I have seen people do incorrectly many times because it looks easier than it actually is, and most people will use a higher weight for it, but truthfully that can cause injury if you aren’t careful.
How Do I perform this movement?
- Feet should be shoulder width apart, using both hands grabbing the dumbbell; lifting it over your head until both arms are fully extended.
- The dumbbell should be resting in the palms of your hands with your thumbs around it, palms should be facing up towards the ceiling (The starting position)
- Keep upper arms close to the head with elbows in and perpendicular to the floor. Lower the dumbbell in a semicircular motion behind your head until your forearms touch your biceps (only the forearms should be moving)
- Go back to the starting position, using the triceps to raise the dumbbell.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
What Muscles are effected by this exercise?
Should I give it a go? my thoughts?
Yes! definitely give it a go but make sure you are using the proper form before using heavier weights.
Personally I always feel this working on my triceps muscles – especially when doing a higher rep range or a heavier weight. definitely something to implement and know that there are multiple variations of this exercise as well (which will be spoke about in another blog post)
Thanks for taking the time to stop by, please feel free to leave a comment, like, follow and share!
Warm up: 2-3 minute of jump rope
- Incline DB flyes: 3 x 21-30. 20 lb. (1 minute jump rope)
- DB flyes: 3 x 21-30. 20 lb. (1 minute bench step up)
- Cable crossover: 3 x 21-30, 40 lb. (1 minute squat jumps)
- Triceps Pushdown: 3 x 21-30, 70 lb. (1 minute side to side shuffle)
- Standing DB triceps extension: 3 x 21-30, 20 lb. (1 minute kettlebell swings – 8kg)
- Cable lying triceps extension: 3 x 21-30, 30 lb. (1 minute goblet squats – 30 lb)
- Crunches: 3 x 21-30. (1 minute running in place)
- Standing oblique cable crunch: 3 x 21-30, 20 lb. (1 minute jump lunges)
Okay so today was different, as you can tell, I went up in reps during this workout plan and this meant I used lighter weights (not by too much) but enough where I could lift for that many reps comfortably. Also, I did NOT do the squat jumps or jump lunges because my left knee was in a lot of pain and I didn’t want to put too much pressure on it during the workouts if I didn’t have to. Hopefully it will get better within the next couple of days.
Secondly, I plan on having a video up soon on YouTube either tonight or tomorrow at some point to update all of you on what has been going on nutritional wise and exercise wise .. along with the person I am collabing with – her own updates will be in the video as well. Below will be the links to my social media, feel free to follow each of them 😀
Thanks for reading, remember to follow, like, comment and share my blog post!
Warm up: 2 – 3 minute skipping in place
- Bentover barbell row: 4 x 2-5. 95 lb. (1 minute skipping in place)
- Bentover DB Row: 3 x 2-5. 70 lb (1 minute goblet squat – 30 lb)
- seated cable row: 3 x 2-5. 120 lb (1 minute box jumps)
- Barbell shrugs: 4 x 2-5. 100 lb. (1 minute DB step up: 30 lb)
- Barbell curl: 3 x 2-5. 50 lb. (1 minute kettlebell swings – 8 kg)
- Barbell or EZ bar preacher curl: 3 x 4-5. 30 lb. (1 minute med ball slam – 10 lb)
- Reverse barbell curl: 3 x 4-5. 30 lb. ( 1 minute DB lunge – 20 lb)
Again this workout for today was focused on strength (so higher weights and lower reps) also, the 1 minute of cardio is between each set (no rest). I was not able to get to the battling ropes today so I missed out on one more exercise for the day but that is okay. Remember the exercise you are doing for 1 minute between sets is a low weight, do not use a high weight because the focus is being able to focus on endurance the whole time. I definitely felt some pain in my left knee during lunges and also, did a PR in bentover barbell rows and went up 10 lb 😀 also the seated cable rows I went up 20 lb 😀
Thanks for stopping by the page, please leave comments, likes, follows, shares/reblogs and feel free to follow my social media for more videos, workouts, updates:
Warm up: 2 -3 minute step up with knee raise
- Barbell bench press: 4 x 2-5. 75 lb, 95 lb, 100 lb, 105 lb. ( 1 minute step ups)
- Incline DB press: 3 x 2-5. 75 lb, 85 lb. (1 minute DB clean – 30 lb)
- Decline smith press: 3 x 2-5, 85 lb. (1 minute running in place)
- Dips: 4 x 6-8. ( 1 minute kettlebell swings – 15 lb)
- Close grip barbell bench press: 4 x 2-5. 85 lb. (1 minute smith power clean – 85 lb)
- Cable crunch: 3 x 5-6. 65 lb. (1 minute quick step ups)
- smith machine hip thrust: 3 x 5-6. 25 lb. (1 minute bench step up)
This workout was focused on strength , which is why the reps are really low. The 1 minute exercises are to be done between each set (so this means no resting between sets). The cardio workout is meant to be done with lower weights, because you want to be able to do the workout for the whole minute without stopping (which is why you see a lower weight).
The last exercise, I did a lower weight because I am not used to that workout and wanted to get the form down for next time before adding more weight.
For more workouts, videos, and updates .. follow me on social media:
I also have a MyFitnessPal app, so if interested, you may add me on there as well. Thanks for reading, leave comments, likes, follows and reblog/share! I also want to share I did a PR in the cable crunch, went up 8 lb 😀
This video is giving you some insight on how my workouts and nutrition went this weekend while I was away. Check it out!
For those of you interested in having a sneak peak on what my weekend was like with my loving — I uploaded two videos to give ya some insight. Please be respectful of everyone who is in the video, thank you.
If you want more videos and picture uploads, follow my Instagram account: