Feeling bloated and cramping sucks. I wasn’t sure by the way my body was acting if I would be able to go through with this heavy lifting day, especially since it was deadlifts AND squats, and I knew I wouldn’t hae time to make up for it this week — because of it being Memorial Day weekend & I would be out of town most of the weekend. All I knew is, I had to try it and see what would come of it. Thankfully, it wasn’t my very best lifting day but it didn’t go poorly — it went better than I had expected & I am happy for that. I guess, this is what happens when you “push through” and “try”, sometimes it works out.
I kept my accessory work fairly light but not super light. My main lifts were heavy and so I thought I would do high reps with accessory but not push a heavy load —
- Body bar overhead squats: 4 x 25, 3 lbs
- leg curl machine: 4 x 25, 30 lbs
- EZ bar hip thruster: 4 x 25, 20 lbs
- Conventional deadlift: 5 x 1-2, 285 lbs (95% 1RM) I failed the 5th set because i lost some gas in my lift. Regardless, for the first few sets were easy.
- Barbell back squat (low bar/wide stance): 5 x 2-3, 190 lbs (95% 1RM) — easy lift, i was able to do 2 reps easy, probably could have went for 4 reps.
- DB goblet squat: 6 x 12-15, 15 lbs
- DB plie squat: 6 x 12-15, 30 lbs
- Resistance band butt lifts: 6 x 12-15, red band
- Kettlebell single leg deadlifts: 6 x 12-15 each leg, 8 kg
- linear leg press: 6 x 12-15, 388 lbs
- Body bar squats: 6 x 12-15, 15 lbs
I did some video footage of my squat and deadlift from today – & also happen to get a follow from the legend Matt Wenning (professional Powerlifter) so that was fun and he also liked my video 🙂
I know when I test my new max for squats, it will be well over 200 now.. I am hoping maybe 215-225 lbs. My deadlifts I am hoping it meets 310-315 lbs soon, but that will depend on the day and how well I lift with the correct form. My sumo deadlift probably will hit 275 lbs soon, so hoping for the best. I will probably test max’s in a couple more weeks — possibly the 1st or 2nd week of June is the goal.
Watch my videos & check out some progress photos of me — Shaylon_FitnessWonderWoman (instagram)
& don’t forget to follow my other social media outlets —
Fb page: Shay-lon Moss-Confident Fit, LLC