Today, I decided on a new strategy for my powerlifting workouts, due to wanting to switch things up a bit and still challenge myself. The changes will only concern my leg day workouts (Tuesday and Thursday’s) but hopefully I will see good results from the switch up and reduce the soreness.
I will continue to do deadlifts and squats on the same day along with lower body accessory work BUT instead of doing heavy with both exercises and speed with both exercises. I will do heavy for one and speed for the other, and vice versa on the 2nd day. This was the first day doing this — so not much to say for it yet.
- Resistance band lateral walks: 4 x 25, green band
- seated leg curl: 4 x 25, 10 lbs
- body bar back squats: 4 x 25, 3 lbs
- Conventional deadlift (speed training day): 8 x 5, 185 lbs
- Barbell back squat (heavy day): 6 x 3, 170 lbs
- Barbell front squats: 5 x 8-10, 65 lbs
- Smith machine vertical leg press: 5 x 8-10, 205 lbs
- DB wide stance stiff legged deadlifts: 5 x 8-10, 40 lbs
- EZ bar walking lunges: 5 x 8-10, 30 lbs
- DB cleans: 5 x 8-10, 30 lbs
Follow me on social media