We all have suffered those moments where one day we are killing it & the weights feel light, and the next day, it feels like even the lightest of weights feel heavy. That was my today — everything felt heavier & I couldn’t necessarily pinpoint why, but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact, I head to the gym after working 8 hours on third shift (lack of sleep) and the other being I am dehydrated quite often (not getting enough liquids) in my system before performing my workouts. The tiny bit could have been the fact my body was still somewhat sore or stiff — even after warming up. Whatever the reason code, it was quite annoying to say the least.
I did conventional deadlifts — for a firstie since taking that personal time off from the gym & it felt good to lift what I lifted for light speed work, but I still felt slower and weaker in this lift, especially during the 70 percent of my 1RM range — I noticed it more. I did what I could manage today and ended the workout with some surprise cardio session & re-weighed and measured myself (read down below for details).
- EZ bar stiff legged deadlift: 4 x 25, 20 lbs
- Lying hip rotation stretch: 4 x 25 each side
- Glute bridge: 4 x 25
- Conventional deadlift: 3 x 6, 200 lbs (65%)
- Conventional deadlift: 3 x 4, 3, 2 @ 215 lbs
- Barbell back squat: 3 x 6, 145 lbs
- Barbell back squat: 3 x 4, 160 lbs
- box squats: 3 x 10, 160 lbs
- Barbell OHS: 3 x 10, 45 lbs
- Box steps ups: 3 x 10
- Kettlebell single leg deadlifts: 3 x 10, 10kg each leg
- Clam shell w/ resistance band: 3 x 10 each leg, red band
- Stair climber: 20 minutes total. 15 min at level 4, 3 min @ level 5, 1 minute @ level 6 and 1 minute @ level 7. Burned 194 calories.
Simple workload, I have been doing sets of 3 instead of 4-5 because I want to gradually increase my strength back up to normal levels, & I don’t want to put too much on myself when I am getting off work in the morning — because I am exhausted and my body feels on overload not having rested beforehand, so I am keeping it at 3 for a while and will crank things up again in another month or so, pending results.
New updates on weight & measurements:
Current weight: 154.8 lbs
Body fat%: 22.8
Since August 8th– I have lost a total of 5.2 lbs 😀 now I have another 5 lbs to go before I hit my goal of 150 lbs but I still want to work in losing bf percent below 20.