I had a fellow blogger who commented on my post about pyramid training and wanted me to try this routine he uses for his squat. I have the routine copied in the description box of my YouTube video and also will post the whole workout in another post as well.
Thanks bloggers for your continued support on my blog and YouTube ❤
Happy National Pasta Day!
In honor of National Pasta Day,
I want to know what your favorite pasta dish is? if you don’t eat pasta, what is your favorite alternative!
Chest, shoulders & Circuit Training
- Barbell bench press: 4 x 2-5, 105 lb
- Barbell bench press (wide grip): 3 x 2-5, 95 lb
- Standing EZ-bar shoulder press: 3 x 2-5, 80 lb
- DB bench press: 3 x 2-5, 90 lb and 100 lb (100 with spotter)
- Seated DB shoulder press: 3 x 2-5, 60 lb
- Incline barbell press: 4 x 2-5, 80 lb
- standing barbell shoulder press: 3 x 2-5, 70 lb
- Incline DB chest press: 3 x 2-5, 70 lb
- Side lateral to front raise: 3 x 2-5, 30 lb
- Man maker: 5 reps, 40 lb
- DB thruster: 5 reps, 40 lb
- DB curls: 5 reps, 40 lb
- Weighted burpee: 15 reps, 40 lb
- Kettlebell swings: 15 reps, 10 kg
- Decline sit up: 15 reps
Circuit Three: ( 5 rounds)
- Hang clean: 5 reps, 45 lb
- Push press: 5 reps, 45 lb
- Alternating barbell lunge: 5 reps, 45 lb
- Barbell squat: 5 reps, 45 lb
I hit 105 lb bench press PR!
I hit 100 lb DB bench press PR 🙂 (100 lb total)
Did any of you hit a new PR recently, leave it in the comment section!
If you enjoy my workout routine, share, comment, like and follow!
Happy Monday Bloggers & Readers!
A popular recipe that has many people’s attention is the overnight oats, I found a fun recipe on Pinterest that I think many of you will like – it comes packed some protein so definitely awesome for some of my athletes out there. I, have not had the chance to make my own overnight oats, but I keep so many recipes of them because I hope to at some point be able to create my own because they look so good! Yumm 🙂 I have had many of my friends who swear by overnight oats and say they make for a great breakfast or post workout snack as well, so definitely a plus-plus there. If you love peanut butter and banana, then you will be excited to try this recipe.
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats (regular or gluten-free)
- 1/2 of a small to medium size banana (sliced)
- 2/3 cup of unsweetened almond milk or your milk of your choice
- 1/2 Tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1/2 Tablespoon of protein powder
- 1/2- 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 tsp of pure maple syrup
- dash of sea salt
- Combine all your ingredients into a small jar (such as a mason jar)
- Stir well
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at the bare minimum of 4 hours
- You can eat this chilled or warmed up and if you choose, garnish with peanut butter or more bananas.
If you are looking for mason jars at a decent price, check out this link:
Definitely will come handy for when you want to stock up for meal planning, this link comes with 12 🙂
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”