I was nominated for this wonderful award once again, I love getting this award because it brings back memories for when I had first started my blog page and received this award, I felt on top of the world. I have been nominated for this same award many times by different people and have been thankful for all of them. For some, this award is just another award, but for me, it is your way of letting me know “Shay you are doing good, keep it up” and motivates me to keep going! I am so very grateful that jbrobinblog had decided to nominate me. She is wonderful and I follow her on #Instagram (she follows me too), her pictures are always wonderful, while mine are always lame. LOL. One day I will be cool. Her blog is associated with health and wellness as well as her own adventures she takes. Her Instagram is positive and gives you an inside look at her life and adventures, if you haven’t already followed her, you should! Definitely a must read blogger 😀 P.S if you check out her Liebster blog award post, it shows a picture of me at the gym (inside the locker room) just in case anyone wants to see my hard work 😛
I feel very honored to be nominated for the Liebster award; The Liebster Award is an award that is given to bloggers by bloggers. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The award is a way to be discovered, to connect and support other bloggers within the blogging community. Originally it was given out to blogs with less than 2000 readers but this has slowly lowed as the reward has gained popularity. It is now only 200 readers or less.
Its a great way you get new and up and coming Bloggers a chance to be seen and discovered!
My Questions given to me by jbrobinblog:
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done? Hm, I don’t know if I have ever done anything too extreme, but I would have to say is climb up a 500 ft tower when I was in middle school. That was pretty extreme to me then.
- If you can take someone with you in your travels, who would it be? Either my best friend, or possibly my youngest brother (he is 8) but him and I are close. My other brother would probably decline the travel with me, (he is 21)
- What is the scariest thing you have experience while traveling? Crossing really HUGE bridges that make me think I may not live driving over it.
- If you could give someone a 1,000,000 dollars, who would you give it to? Is it bad, I would keep it for myself? lol. Fine, I will be nice and share it among my mom and siblings.. jeez. I might even give the dog some money 😛
- What inspires you the most, to do what you do everyday? Being alive and able.
- Do you find it hard to stay motivated & stick with exercise routines everyday? Honest answer: no. I love what I do inside the gym, some days are not always great and those days really test my mental state and challenge me to keep going.
- What is your most constant rule you believe to stick to? “If I don’t give it my all, I don’t deserve the prize” (yes, I did just make this one up)
- Do you feel it is important to have a routine? Yes, routines keep me grounded.
- If you could quit your job and do anything, what would you do/where would you go? Oh goodness, where do I get started. I would move to a bigger city, become a really popular trainer in the area, train celebs and travel to different locations helping people get in shape, I would be the next mogul of fitness. I would be the name you think of when you think of health/fitness. Yep, that is what I want to accomplish 🙂 Also, I would be such a GREAT athlete, that I would make it to the CrossFit games and olympics, all in one year! hahaha. That would be pretty amazing.
- Do you think education as it is today, does justice to life and learning? An interesting question, I think education today has changed quite a bit since I have been a student. I am not sure what to think of our educational system much anymore. I think education gives people a running head start but it fails to give people the real life experience they need in order to make it in this world.
What to Do if Nominated for the Liebster Award:
Back in 2011 the rules were a simple case of acknowledgement of the nominator and to nominate 5 more. Now in 2017 it is a little more involved and will continue to evolve as blogging becomes more accessible.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you should do the follow:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) go to The Global Aussie for a whole lot of images you can use for your 2017 Liebster Award.
- For the 2017 Liebster Award they will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link by to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to: Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it.
My Favorite Blog to Read:
Okay so, since starting my blog there were people whom I connected with and others who I never had the chance to spend time talking to. this was a hard decision because I pretty based this on those that I had a conversation with and who were a huge supporter of my blog when I first got started. I would like to mention there were plenty of you that could very well deserve this award from me, but I want to give this to someone who no longer blogs as of now but who I enjoyed speaking with and reading their work. Grant Norris. I know many of you probably didn’t the chance to connect with him but his blog was also a fitness blog, mostly about being a strongmen but also about other things that caught my attention. The reason I enjoyed this blog was because he was a young writer but making such huge sacrifices to be the best athlete he could be and I looked up to him in a way that inspired me to go after my dreams when it came to being an athlete. If he was still around on the blogosphere, I think he would be would happy that I continued to write and would be excited that I granted me as my favorite blog to read. If you ever get the chance, stop over to his page and look at some of his post, they might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it was one of mine. Thank you Grant @ https://heavybarbell.com/ for being a great writer and giving the chance to talk to you on so many levels, you made me laugh more than most dude.
My nominees will be:
My Questions for my nominees:
- Have you ever lost passion for something you once loved doing, what was it and why?
- Was there ever a time you were scared enough that it made you cry? what was it?
- Do you think it is difficult to be an adult? why?
- How do you handle the days that bring you to your knees?(the really, really bad days)
- How would you spend 10.00 dollars if that was your last 10.00 dollars?
- If time machines existed, would you use it?
- What do you think life exist outside the planet earth? – humans, aliens, animals.. etc
- What is Giant Spiders became reality (the movie 8 legged freaks)?
- Which would be worse, watching someone you love die, or killing someone you love in order to save your own life?
- If you had the opportunity to be the next President of the United States, would you do it or not? and why?
I’m very excited to see all your posts!