Happy Monday Bloggers & Readers!
I decided to add another fun topic to my blog because well, I wanted to and because there are some things I think would be fun to talk about with within this category. This specific category will be called “Thinking Out Loud” & I will post it on Sundays! basically this will integrate my thoughts for the week, current events (preferably around fitness/health), my opinions on certain things in the industry, it might talk on my experiences or tell a story, it might be discussing things outside of the scope of fitness/health, it could be about anything really that doesn’t already fit into my other categories (which I will name at the end of this post) so hopefully all of you will enjoy it greatly because I am looking forward to it myself.
ALSO…For those of you who may not follow my soundcloud account, I have decided that I also want to add another category based off of my podcast & it will be “Tuesday Fitness/health advice & tips” so I will continue my podcast series but will be adding this to the blog as well now because I want everyone to benefit from this 🙂 Which this basically is going to be me giving you advice & tips and also be answering questions that maybe people have asked me or have for me now that could be helpful for others.
ALSO, ALSO… My podcast is supposed to have interviews, current events, Q & A on Saturdays, but I have been slacking and yet to do that, so not only will that continue (as soon as I find ways to get that going) but WHEN and IF I have time, I will be adding guest post to my blog (which is nothing new) but haven’t done it in a LONG time. Yikes! sorry. but this will take place on Saturday’s or Sundays possibly – the way I will go about it, is I just have a list of over 100 DIFFERENT TOPICS I want to write about written down and some are meant for guest post and some are meant for me to write about – so basically if I come to you about writing something for me, it is because I feel like you could be a good person to discuss that particular topic BUT this does not mean I don’t allow people to write guest post otherwise, because I have had people come to me about wanting to guest post (which is fine) but I am just really picky because this blog is my baby! lol so don’t take offense if I don’t accept your topic or request to write a post on my blog, because I like to be choosy because I worked my ass off on this blog like everyone else on theirs.
ALSO, ALSO, ALSO.. LOL.. I have been doing Review Wednesday’s on YouTube (so yes, I will be adding them to the blog regularly on Wed whenever I do them)
So with this all being said and laid out, I am hoping going into this new year, my blog will continue to grow, and give everyone something to read about that they are interested in no matter what journey they are on as far as fitness/health goes.
- Monday: Motivation/Inspiration quotes & my workout for the day
- Tuesday: Exercise (how to do/I choose an exercise and discuss it), my workout for the day, YouTube exercise videos, & fitness/health tips & advice
- Wednesday: My reviews, injury prevention post & my workout for the day
- Thursday: Mental health awareness post & my workout for the day
- Friday: No blog post
- Saturday: Recipes & my workout for the day, possible guest post
- Sunday: “Thinking out loud” Sunday post, possible guest post
- Monday: Motivation/Inspiration
- Tuesday: Fitness/health advice & Tips
- Wednesday: LGBT+ Topics and discussion
- Thursday: Recipes (a lot of times I will share this recipe on Saturday’s blog post for recipes so don’t be shocked if they turn out to be the same thing at times because not everyone follows my blog or podcast.. so I want everyone to hear and see the same things)
- Friday: no podcast
- Saturday: Interviews, Q & A, current events, misc
- Sunday: no podcast
If anyone has any questions about these two schedules, let me know! As far as YOUTUBE goes, my schedule has not been completely made yet, so when I have that organized, I will be sure to post that schedule as well.
Keep in mind that I work two jobs and I have studies & with holidays coming up and growing my brand, I will be busy and I might miss days of the week or have to post certain topics on other days because I am hella busy like everyone else in the world, don’t get mad at me, I am only human and I will do my best to continue making fun content that engages all of you! I love all my bloggers and readers and appreciate all of you for being my #1’s 🙂
My Social media (Yes, you can follow me)
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShayFitnessWonderWoman/ (yes I do have a personal FB as well, so if you aren’t creepy, I might be kind enough to add you, but this link is my FB fitness page)
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ShayM_Fitness
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shaylon_fitnesswonderwoman/?hl=en
- Snapchat: milkchocolatemm
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/shaylonmoss/pins/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/shay-lon-moss-a419a4111/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIrhf0FpxoQk4F_bznTjIg?view_as=subscriber
- Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/omgfitnessfanatic
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/shay-lonfitnesswonderwoman-moss-fitness-wonderwoman/tracks
- Email: Shay.email@example.com
- Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/+ShaylonMoss
- MyFitnessPal: Fitness_WonderWoman
YES, I do use them all (some more than others) so feel free to add me! otherwise, everyone have a wonderful Sunday!
P.S don’t forget my second blog ... https://gaylesbianme.wordpress.com/
I love you no matter who you are or who you love! #gaypride
Today is National Coming Out Day! 🙂 I want everyone who follows me that is part of the LGBT & LGBTQ community to know I always welcome you to my blogs and that I fully support it! I appreciate all of you for supporting me as well, considering I came out in 2010 🙂 I love you guys! HAVE A WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY! xo
Name Your Taco!
I want to know:
What do you like on your tacos?
Hard shell, soft shell, no shell?
Leave your answers in the comment section!
Some of you might have noticed that I do some pyramid training in my workouts, and if you don’t know what that consist of then you probably want to know so you can implement it in your workouts. Now pyramid training can be done with beginners and advanced athletes alike, it isn’t complex and can make your workout a little lengthy at times but well worth it. I like describe pyramid as a way of increasing the weight as you go along – usually by 10 lb maybe 5 for beginners depending on your fitness level & more advanced athletes, sometimes 15 to 20 pound increases – but it has to make sense because you have to be able to do the number of reps associated with the weight.
Typically my pyramid training is doing 1 set of whatever amount of reps for a specific amount of weight & each time adding more weight until you get to the end result. For example:
Bench press – let’s say I want to do 4 sets of this. My way of implementing the pyramid training would be to do:
1 x 10 = 100 lb
1 x 8 = 110 lb
1 x 6 = 120 lb
1 x 3-4 = 130 lb
I would start at the top and do lighter weights and as we work ourselves down to less reps, we add more weight each time. Now starting weight and ending weight will be up to you, because everyone is different, you should pick a number that you are comfortable with doing with the specific amount of reps.
Another type of pyramid training is: descending pyramid training, which would be starting at a heavier load , and ending with the lighter load
. For example:
1 x 5 = 400
1 x 8= 350
1 x 10 = 300
1 x 12= 250
You start with less reps and more weight and work your way down to less weight and more reps.
Another example of pyramid training would be:
1 x 15 = 200
2 x 10= 210
3 x 8 = 220
4 x 5 = 230
basically again you will start off with lower weights with 1 set but AFTER THAT, you end up having to do 2 sets or 3 sets or 4.. etc each set going higher in weight and less reps.
This all seems confusing at first glance but keep it simple, no need to make it all technical and start with something easy until you get the hang of it. Of course there are pros and cons of using this type of training like any other training, so let’s go over those.
- Will include warm up sets
- good for those seeking strength gains
- Includes a lot of volume
- Your warm up set can be taken to muscle failure quickly & you don’t want that early one because it will cause muscle fatigue which makes it more difficult to continue through the pyramid.
- The last set might be the only set going to muscle failure and that might not be enough because in order to see growth you have to add more stress and reach muscle failure.
- This type of training in ascending order may not give you the maximal muscle size you are looking for
Hopefully this tidbit of information makes you more confident in your capabilities and gives you a reason to add some pyramid training to your workout!
If you appreciate the information, be sure to like, comment, share and follow!
Fitness Wonder Woman,
Remember all those that lost their lives…
Remember all those that risk their lives…
September 11, 2001