Just in case you follow me on IG & want to see what I posted for inspiration — Monday Motivation
I never knew weather people have a special day—- but happy weather person’s day to any readers/bloggers within this occupation! Hope you bring me sunshine , no snow and plenty of warm weather — thank you ahead of time ! lol
The Eagles Vs The Patriots
What Team will you be rooting for?
I will be rooting for MY TEAM the PATRIOTS! I am a die hard Pats Fan ❤
Let’s keep this fun and light for today’s sake. It is Tuesday and nobody should have to read a long paragraph today — but tomorrow I will have 5 long paragraphs for you to read … Just kidding! LOL (or am I)?
As a regular gym-goer (who attends the gym at least 5 times a week), I have to have my gym essentials– it is VERY important to me because hey, the gym is like my second home. Literally.
Sometimes I find myself carrying a heavy gym bag and other times, I get lucky and it is light as a feather, but regardless, I ALWAYS have my gym bag with me when heading to the gym. What else?
- Deodorant –— because even though I apply it to my armpits before heading to the gym, I bring it just in case I need to reapply it after a shower, or if I happen to need to reapply it during a workout — I prefer to NOT spell like B/O if possible.
- lotion—— mainly because I don’t want to have ashy skin. I know we are there to workout, but I like to look decent.
- Ipod-— because music if life and I need it to function at the gym for long periods of time. Our gym plays music but sometimes I’d rather to listen to my own playlist
- Headphones—– to keep people from wanting to strike up conversation with me because when I am at the gym, I am ALL about my focus and zone. I talk to people of course but very rarely and that is if I choose to talk to them first.. save the small talk for after the workout is my motto ALSO, because I like carrying extra pair of headphones in case mine break or lose them
- Deep Blue Rub Lotion — I bring this because it helps with sore muscles and cramping..so if I have soreness, I can rub some of this on before or after the workout and it works wonders.
- Ibuprofen-— I like to bring this over the counter medication just in case it is THAT TIME OF MONTH for us ladies or just as back up for any pain.
- My written workout/workouts-— I bring this because I always have my workout for the day planned out ahead of time and record everything via pencil/paper.
- extra clothes— If I want to change afterwards or maybe I am wearing shorts during the workout but post workout want to wear pants because it is cold outside, etc. I bring hoodies and jackets as well for the same reasons
- extra pair of shoes—I don’t wear my shoes for the gym outside, so I will pack my gym shoes and wear my everyday shoes
- socks— if my socks get sweaty or if I want to change into long socks for deadlifts, I don’t always pack socks but sometimes it is necessary
- shaker cup—- I bring my shaker cup for drinking purposes obviously
- protein powder — I don’t always bring protein powder, it just depends if I have any on hand
- hat— I don’t always pack a hat but sometimes it is nice to have depending on the weather and if I did my hair or not.
- Cellphone — I carry this on me at all times in case of emergencies, etc & to tape my videos during my workouts
- Wallet— sometimes I like to buy things at the gym, so my wallet comes with me everywhere I go as well
I typically don’t take showers after my workout at the gym, I always go home to have my shower so I don’t have a reason to bring towels, wash cloths, tooth brush, etc.. with me..
So as you can see, I like to be fully prepared before heading to the gym. What do you carry in your gym back?
P.S my gym supplies bands, belts, wraps, etc so those are things I don’t have to bring along unless I want to bring my own 🙂
Forgot to adult for the week..
I think my weekly planner is getting sick of me going off schedule these days, I have a planner I use and lately have barely opened it — hints why I have been behind in blogging and studying; I should always check my planner because honestly. my anxiety starts to kick in when I don’t do things as planned and then have list of task that never got done because I have been fiddle farting around instead of adulting. I could probably complain all day, but it comes down to my time management and all my projects and goals.. I have so many projects and don’t utilize my time well (anymore) — well 2018, don’t give up on me yet… I plan on getting back on track when it comes to priorities and tasks (fingers crossed) .. but I am young, right? so I should be allowed to get off the beaten path every once in awhile without feeling bad.. BUT my personality trait doesn’t allow me to enjoy my youth when I am constantly trying to keep myself on a “perfect” schedule — pretending that it is possible to do so, so I don’t freak out. Thankfully I have friends and family who seemingly understand that I am crazy and my OCD and time management skills fight back & forth which causes the HUGE debate in my head as to what to get started on first. Externally I am smiling until I get home and break down.. but that’s a whole new story for a different day. Back to what is scheduled. My workouts. & if I am lucky I might be able to squeeze in some studying before work tonight. Hmm. Wish me luck.
Oh & the next blog post will begin my workout sessions….
Happy Martin Luther King Day
I don’t think I will need to write a whole paragraph on why Martin Luther King Day is important to me, because if you have history books or pay attention to our history and care about our culture, then it would be obvious how he played an important part in our lives- even til this day. Some of you may not recognize him as an important model in our history but the man was, and he deserves respect for being able to endure the kind of hatred, violence, and racism that many of us have never came close to having to endure in own life time. For those of you who are not aware, my family is very mult-racial and back in his time that would be considered highly UNACCEPTABLE, that would be something to get a black women or black man killed, and put a white man or his family in danger of even thinking about wanting to get with my race. It was tough times back them and even though racism still thrives during this time, we have still come a lot further than we used to be.
I live in a predominantly white town (mostly upper class) citizens and I have lived here all my life besides the 7 years I was living in different states. I have had to endure racism and ignorance growing up until my adult age now, just in this town alone and from my own race and also other races. It is scary to think that someone can hate you for the skin you are in, but if anyone has ever had someone make light of their differences due to color, it hurts because you don’t understand how one can make you feel inferior for something you didn’t choose but was born this way. I have a very strong family history, that I never realized until my adult years, because I didn’t really care as a teen or child — but now I see the steps my grandparents and great grandparents took to help me pave my own way in my own life and be proud of who I am no matter what others may think.
Some of the things my family is known for doing is creating a street sign that says “Martin Luther King Blvd” in my town, of course it had to be approved by the state and city and of course it took some fighting I would assume, but because of them, in his honor they had it approved and still is a street sign for a bridge we have here in town. I consider that amazing, to be honest. We also built a library about black history for young people who need more information on our culture and history, I’d say that is a huge deal considering not many school’s history books hit every little detail. No offense. My family built that, in a town where the minority (which is me) is seriously a minority .. but I give them respect because I am sure someone hated to see it there, hated to know it was built on black culture, but guess what? it still stands! There are some other things they are known for, but what I am trying to get at is, because of them being proud of who they are no matter who was fighting against them, they were able to stay strong and do things that might have small meaning to most but for some of us, meant a whole lot.. ❤
I hope all of you have a wonderful Martin Luther King Day!
My dream is to live in a world where being different is okay, not something we have to continue to fight for.. not something we have to be scared of, and not something that forces you to have insecurities.