Happy Motivation Monday!!!
How was everyone’s weekend? I hope everyone got out and stayed active, if not, no worries .. the weather is getting cooler, so staying indoors doesn’t sound like a bad idea. I was able to stay away from blogging for the weekend for the most part besides the one post I decided to do. I went to the gym on Saturday morning and didn’t make it to the gym Friday morning and Sunday’s are considered my rest days. John’s schedule is back to “normal” for the time being, so he was able to meet up with me at the gym and get started on his workout I had planned for him. Today I did a great workout myself, so I am happy about that.
- High knees
- Stationary lunge stretchWorkout Session:
- Stationary bike- 45 minutes, level 5 resistance, RPMs 80-90
- Planks- 3 sets, 1:14 holds (That is his highest time right now)
- Treadmill- 5 minutes, no incline, 2.5 speed
- Body Weight Squats: 3 sets, 30 reps
- Dumbbell Woodchop: 3 sets, 10 reps per side
- Walking Lunge/Shoulder press combo: 3 sets, 10 reps
- Bentover dumbbell double row/ dumbbell bicep curl combo: 3 sets, 10 reps
- Tricep Dips – 5 sets, 8 reps
- Vertical crunches using the Tricep dip equipment: 3 sets, 10 reps
- Stationary bike- 45 minutes, level 5 resistance, RPMs – 80-90, the last 2 minutes, I kept them between 100-125 RPMs
- Planks: 3 sets, 1 minute
Thank you Purplebutterfly964 for nominating me for this award, it is my first time being nominated for this award, so I am excited to get started, and got on my blog this weekend just to do it!
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog
2. List the rules
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide their link as well
5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
6. You have to nominate 10-20 people
7. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
8. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question (specify)
9. Share a link to your best post(s)
Okoto Enigma from https://okotoenigma.wordpress.com is the creator of The Mystery Blogger Award. Please go follow her blog.
3 Things About Me:
- I have two younger brothers
- I am neat freak! & LOVE organization.
- I like to wear button up shirts – I think they look cute on me.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers:
Questions that purplebutterfly964 asked me:
- What are your goals for this month? My goals for this month is to lose 10-15 lb.
- What is one of your hidden talents? I don’t think I have one, I am a good dancer though.
- Do you daydream often? Hm, not really.
- Have you ever been to the beach? Yes.
- Can you wiggle your ears right now, do it (funny)? I think I had one wiggling 🙂
My questions for the nominees:
- Do you enjoy the winter months?
- Favorite dish at Thanksgiving?
- Do you play any winter sports?
- Do you prefer to cook or bake?
- How long does it take for someone to get to the middle of a tootsie roll pop? LOL (it is off a commercial with Mr. Owl)
I hope everyone has enjoyed my answers and questions!
Hey! everyone! I told you I would be reblogging my older post before creating new post and I meant it, this is another one I did on Health/Fitness Apps, It was written 10 months ago, but still is very useful, hopefully you all enjoy it!
Itunes Apps– health and fitness list
“trying something new , challenges you for change” -Shay-lon Moss
I don’t want to keep track of my calorie intake, my water consumption, the amount of activity I partake in, the type of exercise, the maintenance of my body (weight/height), the types of food I indulge in, and make myself feel worse when I go over the goal for today because I probably don’t want to face my fear and find out what I am doing wrong because that means I’ll have to change it & what If I fail? What if I can’t afford a healthier me? What if life happens and I forget to keep track? What if I find out I am overweight/underweight? What ifs aren’t good, because they go nowhere and keep you from everything. Instead try this “I am”, “I can”…
View original post 1,708 more words
Today was a good day with John and his sister at the gym, but my day was horrible with my workout – something I will talk about later.
Nonetheless, I am going to keep the yacking to a minimum this time for everyone’s sake and get to the point.
Also, thank you for everyone who has told me that my posting of the workouts has motivated them to start working out, try new things, lift heavier, and start focusing on their health. I appreciate it and I am so proud of all of you for your own accomplishments! – You will learn that I have my HORRIBLE days at the gym, more so embarrassing, and so many of you may be able to relate to, unless you are awesome, then I am jealous and want to be awesome too! haha.
- Knee to chest
- Walking lunges
- Leg swings (10 reps each leg)
- Stationary bike- 45 minutes, level 4 resistance, RPMs 70-80 (but he kept his RPMs between 80-94) -Yay!
- Walk 2 laps around the gym
- Crunch machine: 70lb, 100 reps
- Barbell squat: no weight, 10 reps (Warm up squat)
- Barbell Squat: 35lb, 1 set, 10 reps
- Barbell Squat: 65lb, 1 set, 10 reps
- Barbell squat: 105lb, 5 sets, 5 reps
- 390lb, 1 set, 5 reps
- 370lb, 3 sets, 5 reps
Russian Twist: 25lb, 3 sets, 30 reps
Hey everyone! Another older post from 10 months ago .. Just so everyone is aware, I will be reblogging my older post to bring awareness to things and to give people a chance to read some of my older writings! I love doing this because not everyone had the chance to read my old stuff and before I create new stuff, I want everyone to know where I started when I started blogging 🙂 Hope all of you enjoy this piece.
“Your biggest eyes have been used to assume the worst in others” -Shay-lon Moss
So for the past couple of days or so, i have been trying really hard to post different topics on each blog site because I thought that was the “way to go” but then I realized, its probably not the best option because not everyone uses other blogging sites. For those of you who do not already know this, I have a tumblr, wordpress and google blogger account and so I realized not everyone has each of these like I do so not everyone can see what I post if I post something different on all of them, I want to make it easier for all of you & make my new goal copying all my post from each site onto one another so that EVERYONE sees EVERYTHING. If you do have all three of…
View original post 1,058 more words