“Size Fucks with people’s heads”
Yes, I said it! “Size fucks with people’s heads” I will say this multiple times in this post most likely, so keep this in mind as you read it.
I believe yesterday or the day before I had made a post about how “Skinny” models are looked up to, well guess what? Society is playing tricks with us now & are now spreading rumors saying “bigger women” can be models too! The rumor is true & I totally agree with the fact we have established a way to include women of “bigger” sizes in this particular industry. BUT.. I am not advocate for this either, OKAY! I know I seem like a hypocrite because I said I agree with them doing this but now I am saying I am not an advocate for it. Well let me just explain myself so no one gets confused.
- First off, I society is trying to “kiss ass” by saying, shit we just pissed people off with having too skinny of models, so let us prove we aren’t total douchebags & show how much we care about ” plus-sized” women so we don’t get bitched at anymore.
- Omg! we are pretending that it’s okay to be overweight (if the model is overweight) & this means we went from condoning (underweight models) to now being proud of and condoning (overweight almost obese models) Think about this one.
- Where are the average everyday normal range models at? oh wait! we can’t have that because “normal” & “average” is different for everyone.. shit that means we probably shouldn’t have set either one of these standards.
- They use the word “curvy” to mask the fact these women are probably overweight =how crappy.. I mean they know they are overweight; why not acknowledge the problem instead creating more.
- Seriously Size shouldn’t matter if they are HEALTHY! but who is checking to see if they are healthy!? I know their agent isn’t because he is too worried about making the next dollar off her weight.. & hoping she gains more to keep the figure she has to keep his wallet fat!
The fact of the matter is, this industry is mind screwing people. I have to add that I love women who are confident in their skin & carry themselves as so, but I don’t appreciate the industry telling people “bigger is better” but then still on the side pushing for “skinnier” models. If they focused more on health rather than someone’s size we wouldn’t have a rising epidemic of cardiovascular disease.
One day we are saying it sucks to be overweight the next day the media is saying “embrace your weight as a “plus-size” women. Why should she embrace it if she is overweight and has a higher chance of type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and on her way to a wheelchair if she doesn’t keep a semi active life or have a the help needed to get back down to a healthier her. For the women who are “plus-size” and healthy, I am all for it!! I really am! I think its lovely how well they manage to keep their bodies in good shape, eat healthier, still manage an active lifestyle and are confident enough where they don’t feel the need to be a size 0. It’s not the size that bothers me.. because size doesn’t decide your health, I will keep saying this. Its the fact we are screaming to be happy being “big” but don’t know how to challenge these women to be “bigger” and still healthy. It comes off as a careless pursuit for more money.
So when I say I am for “plus-sized” models, I am for the women who don’t have to be a size 0 to be beautiful & can actually say they are healthy; they aren’t struggling with their day to day routines because they keep an active lifestyle and eat good foods… they might have bigger thighs, a butt, wider hips, and a belly that doesn’t seem so flat “to the naked eye” but to me these women are beautiful because they care enough about their health that they don’t allow their weight to control their life. I am NOT for the “plus sized” women who lack any interest in their health, allow their weight to define them, don’t take their eating seriously, keep a not so active life, have issues with their day to day but pride themselves in being “big and beautiful” and push for more women to be that way! “Don’t be an advocate for other people if you can’t maintain your own health”
“Size doesn’t have anything to do with being healthy, being healthy is eating right, staying active, mentally doing well, & overall wellness” -Shay-lon
Comment, share, like and follow
Your blogger Shay-lon