So I realize I need to be celebrating my graduation but doesn’t mean I won’t post something fitness/health wise. Especially since I have an extra minute and it isn’t being spent productively. This will be something that all of you can read and comment on for when I am gone today. The topic of discussion is “What is the best way to lose fat”?
Now while this seems like a simple question that comes with a simple answer, people still til this day want to know how to lose fat the best way possible. Now we have some obvious answers like exercise and eating “healthy” but I think using those as an answer is lazy in sense that people want details and already know the obvious. I am going to discuss with you in my opinion the best ways to lose fat and will be the more efficient way in losing fat so that you lose it the right way and are safe losing it and not doing things that are not recommended by specialist. To begin with, why do people want to lose fat? what is the reason for wanting to lose fat? is it because you want to lose weight, do you want your percent of body fat reduced? are you uncomfortable with your body? was it the scale that told you to do so? are you competing? are you an athlete? are you on the verge of either getting diabetes or another disease/condition? peer pressure? perception of yourself when you look into a mirror? & then ask yourself how quickly do you want to lose this fat, within a week, month, years, days, hours? because by answering all these questions for yourself.. you can create a goal and follow it.
Fat/Lipids are one of those things that most people are grossed out by and want nothing to do with, but did you know we need some fat, we can’t not have fat at all because things could malfunction and we could get sickly if we don’t take care of our bodies appropriately, now I do realize some people have hardly any body fat but I want to hope that is because they have muscle because if they don’t have either one.. this will cause significant health issues in the long term. Fat doesn’t have to be a “bad” thing if you know the difference between good fat and bad fat and know more in depth where you feel on your body could benefit from losing the fat. Most people find themselves wanting to lose fat around their midsection but others have fat under their arms, thighs, butts, back fat, etc. All these places on the body have an order of importance because some places on the body are okay to have more or less fat. Down below I will bullet the answers for your question:
What is the best way to lose fat?
- There is NO best way to lose fat.
- Exercises that incorporate many muscle groups that are weight bearing use more calories per minute
- low intensity exercises burn through fat more, but high intensity exercises will burn fat at a faster rate (interval training). Depending on the client or person, will depend on how their bodies will react to fat loss and which one will be more beneficial for them.
- While cardio is know to burn fat, so is strength training but aerobic training has a bigger impact on fat burning versus strength training.
- Doing both strength training and cardio will burn more fat versus doing one or the other as one regimen.