Wow! What does one say?
I am overwhelmingly ecstatic! this has been the moment I have been dreaming off. The milestone that that I have been aiming for, because this is the amount of people not including my subscribers who have been nothing but supportive, inspired and motivated, became my friends, my wordpress family. I have built some hefty bonds with some of you, had chats with many of you, have gotten to know the majority of you and have been supporting your blog and progress as well. Nothing says more to me, than to know that my blog has reached over 1000 people from different places and have challenged people to stay fit and healthy, get moving and be productive, make sure you are aware of the stigmas that follow certain mental health disorders, make sure we come together in unity so we can hopefully lessen the bodyshaming, and lessen the bullying and somehow build each other up because we need to, we need to find what brings us together and use it to better the world each day. I am so proud of all of you and so very thankful for all of you, because as you already know, I wouldn’t have made these achievements without your support, your engagement, your time, all of you have been an asset to my accomplishments and a HUGE factor for why I want to continue to write good content, publish good videos, challenge myself to new heights so that I am doing my part in making sure you get inspired, motivated and feel like you can come to me or come to my page and have some sort of fulfillment. I don’t want to let any of you down and I hope my blog continues to grow and continues to help those that want it and build the confidence of those who need someone in their corner. Thank you so much for being my #1 fan!
Your Fitness Blogger,
My next milestone: 1500 followers, I want to start a chain reaction and bring more people together!
Thank you to all those that have been supportive of my YouTube and continue to support my blog, I am very happy and appreciative of it! love reading your comments and sharing moments 🙂
Your Fitness Blogger,
Hello – How are you FitFam?
Remember when I told you I was going to do some PR’s and figure out my 1RM’s and what not? or did I not tell you and kept it to myself? LOL. Either way, I did it today. I made today the day, and decided I would share some good news, hopefully all of you will proud of me, because I am proud of me in the gym so far. I did my 1RM for: bench press, back squat and deadlift. I haven’t done my 1RM testing since like college and so it had been awhile and I needed to figure out where I was in order to continue to grow strength and excel at my goals. I will go through each one, and then I will tell you the rest of my leg day workout I did today.
- Back squat: 175 lb (185 lb fail – almost had the bar land on me, but was careful) lol Now while I was in college, I was doing 200 lb + and doing really well with it. Since not being able to use a barbell for a while and then after graduating not keeping up with strength gains when I had them, I lost a lot of strength and for awhile I was only able to squat less than 100 lb (YES IT WAS THIS BAD & yes I was very pissed off at myself) but since working on it and doing what I had to do, I was able to go up to 145 lb for about 6 reps. Now I am able to do a solid 1-2 reps with 175 lb. I increased my squat by 30 lb.
- Bench press: 95 lb. (105- fail) Again this decreased by like 4 lb since college, but I am happy I am only 5 lb away from 100 – this is very good. I was stuck at 60-70 lb for a long time. My bench press increased by 25 lb
- Deadlift: 225 lb. ( 230 lb -fail) This was VERY VERY difficult for me, since I had not always worked on my deadlift and didn’t start really doing them until about 4 months after graduating college. When I had first started deadliftng, I was only doing about 80.. or something like that and then after a while I would add more weight and was doing 105 10 reps easy, then increased it and was doing 160 as my highest. Now my deadlifts have increased by 65 lb. This was amazing to me.
To say the least I am proud of myself for how far I have come in my strength and my progress. I realize being able to do even 1 rep for my max means a lot to me because now I will start again training with these new numbers in mind and have them written down to keep track of progress and plateaus. All of these results reign from having to use a smith machine -_- because my gym doesn’t offer barbell free weights that are in a rack – so in all honesty, it would mean it would be about 15 or so pounds less for each of them with a free weight barbell (realistically) but even so, I would have still PR’d in all of them except for the squat since 200 lb was with a free weight barbell. For right now, we will have to just keep in mind that until I purchase one of my own or find a gym that offers one in my town (until I move) I will have to resort to the smith machine. Don’t give me too much shit for it. LOL
- Goodmorning: 3 x 10, 40 lb
- Jump split lunge: 3 x 10, 10 lb( dumbbells)
- single-leg deadlift: 3 x 12, 15 lb
- pistol squats: 3 x 12
- vertical crunches: 3 x 10
- roman sit ups: 3 x 10
push up challenge: 40 reps
All in all, I am happy with my progress, wish I could be using more free weights but still able to get gains using the smith machine for now. Honestly, I don’t hate the smith but because I am not used to it, it can be hard to do some workouts on it, verse what I would normally do with a free weight barbell, but I use my resources 🙂 hopefully all of you enjoyed my good news and will continue to show your support and cheer me on.
- Bench press: 100 lb
- Squat: 200 lb
- deadlift: 245-250 lb
I want to hit these within the next 3-6 months at the very least, so we shall see what happens.
For more exercises, click here
I am happy to announce, I have made my milestone of 400 followers today, I want to thank all of you who continue to follow my blog and be very supportive of my writing, achievements, good and bad days. I love blogging and love being able to speak with all you about your passions, adventures, struggles, and triumphs. It is always rewarding when I am able to hit a milestone in something I work hard at.
I was asked to be interviewed, so once the writer posts my questions and answers to her blog page, I will be able to see the outcome, and hope to share with all of you.
My next goal: 500 followers
Your Fitness blogger,
I wanted to inform you on two things:
- The Editor in Chief of “Muscle & Fitness” magazine got back with me, he wasn’t impressed with my pitch but wants me to send him more with what he requires and told me I was a great writer and he wasn’t saying “no” to me for writing for the magazine, because he thinks I can do it, and would make a great writer for the magazine. Overall, I will be studying on “pitching” and making sure I do better this time around, I am happy he gave me a second chance at this.
- The former Editor of Muscle & Fitness magazine contacted me today, asking if I would be interested writing for his website working along side with him. It isn’t paid but he will promote me throughout all social media platforms, and use my “bylines”. He seems eager to work with me, I have yet to send him an email replying back, I will do that today or tomorrow (with a “yes”) because it could turn into a job or open more doors for me down the road. Nonetheless this will be a good stepping stone, hopefully leading into the right direction.
Thank you for the continued support, I will be very busy, but hopefully it will pay off in the end. Something good came out of my bad week.
Your fitness blogger,