I didn’t get the chance to write out my workout for you guys on Saturday, so I decided I would tonight. This particular workout is extremely long (took me nearly 3 hours) but mainly because I was making up for the 2 days that I didn’t make it to the gym and wanted to push myself since Sunday’s are my rest days. I don’t recommend that anyone spends this long inside of a gym if you aren’t used to this, it is something you gradually work up to if you would like, but it isn’t always necessary. As long as you find some way, sometime to be active in your day, you are doing something right. The length of time and the kind of workout is up to you, but finding time to do it, there is always time, you just need to find it and use it.
I did not do a warm up because I figured since I was starting with cardio, I would add it in with the actual workout instead of doing them separately.
- Steady-state cardio: 45 minutes, 65-75% of HR.
- Romanian Deadlift: 3 x 10-12, 105lb, 155lb
- Bench DB step up: 3 x 10-12, 40lb
- Bodyweight Wall squat: 3 x 10-12
- DB lateral to front raise: 3 x 10-12, 10lb
- DB Flye: 3 x 10-12, 30lb
- DB kickback: 3 x 10-12, 15lb
- leg extension: 3 x 10-12, 70lb
- DB push press: 3 x 10-12, 30lb
- Pullup: 3 x 10-12
- Bentover barbell row: 3 x 10-12, 65lb
- Cable hammer curl: 3 x 10-12, 20lb
- Pike crunch: 3 x 10-12
- Plank: 3 x 30 seconds
- Air squats: 160 reps
- Cardio: HIIT Training, 20 minutes,30 seconds all out, 90 second recovery
Overall a long workout but not a horrible one. It has been my first time being at the gym for so long actually, and time went by fairly fast while I was doing my workouts, it didn’t help that the gym was packed because of New Years, so some of the machines I had to wait to use them, etc. I enjoyed my HIIT Cardio workout at the end, it definitely made a difference in my workout since I don’t do a whole lot of cardio exercises. Feel free to leave comments and share.
Your Fitness blogger,