This post will be quite simple and to the point. I am not a doctor or nutritionist, so to tell you how many energy drinks to consume would be wrong and to tell make those of you who drink them quit would also be wrong. This post is simply to give you some information that maybe you know or didn’t know about consuming energy drinks , mostly cons of course because there are not a lot of pros when it comes to energy drinks and fitness/health.
How many of you consume an energy drink daily? what kinds do you like? why do you consume them? do you prefer them over drinking a can of pop? Do any of you consume them before your workout? – let me know in the comment section!
Some of us like our coffee, some of us love our pop and some of us will smash an energy drink more than 2 twice in a day, we all have our go to beverages, many of them for keeping us awake and giving us some kind of “needed energy” to make it through our day. Nonetheless, is it working out for us okay? I don’t particularly drink energy drinks (never have been one to rely on beverages for energy or to stay awake) so I am not sure if they actually work , or if it is an individual basis, BUT I do know some things people should keep in mind when consuming these beverages.
- Caffeine and other stimulants that are added to energy drinks can boost heart rate and blood pressure – this could lead to death if consuming too many.
- Some companies have added alcohol in their energy drinks, studies have shown that it can lead to possibly dependence on alcohol (especially younger people who consume more energy drinks throughout the day)
- The drinks can disrupt the balance of salts in our bodies, which can lead to ‘arrhythmia’
- Some studies have said that consuming energy drinks can lead to more drug use of pain killers (stimulants) – this something they are doing more research on.
- Excessive levels of caffeine can impair cognition.
- Niacin is a main ingredient in many energy drinks & is known to cause dizziness and rapid heart rate.
- Can be addicting – like many other things in life (which is not good for the health overall)
- Drinking too many energy drinks can cause insomnia – making it difficult to fall asleep.
- Some people can jitters & anxiety from drinking energy drinks
So these are a list of things you may want to keep in mind when choosing to drink an energy drink and how many you decide to consume. There are tons of studies that have been going on in order to determine other ways energy drinks effect the body and mind. It would be a good idea to do some extra research on your own time as well and open your mind to other alternatives so that you don’t consume too many in a day. Thank you for reading, please share, like, comment and follow my blog!