Do you find it difficult to control your temper?
- Yes. Many time I have struggled with this, with me getting older, I feel as though I have gotten better with controlling my temper but not always 100 percent of the time. Probably not a good trait to have, but I haven’t chosen to seek help with this aspect of my life because I don’t feel I need professional help with it. I believe it will come down to finding an alternative way of handling my anger that will keep me calm and less overwhelmed & stay in control of my emotions naturally vs having to take medication because I don’t want to be on medicines.
Do you struggle with keeping your temper under control? how do you handle your anger when it arises?
What makes you angry? How do you deal with the anger?
- I would be ranting if I had a list of everything that made me angry, as a matter of fact, I don’t think I could list everything because sometimes I find something new grinds my gears that I haven’t experienced before — and other times, it isn’t that I am angry, it might be just that I am frustrated and coming off angry about a situation. Either way, you got lucky because I was able to come up with a ranting list of things that anger me:
- Losing — I hate losing because I am competitive by nature. I never have fun losing, but I have learned to play sports, games, activities for fun because people don’t enjoy being around “sore losers”
- Failing – Failing at something or not being good at something; especially when I see someone else is good at it because it makes me feel “lame” not living up to those same standards & brings out my competitive nature. I tend to look at failing with perspective, and I either practice & try again or I admit to myself that I am not good at whatever it may be and move on or play for fun.
- people whom seem to complain when they have it easier in life compared to others around them
- When people talk to me condescendingly
- Shopping at Walmart
- Person taking advantage of someone because of their vulnerabilities
- 2 face individuals
- Our governments choices sometimes
- Hate crimes
- bad drivers who do not care about the lives they are endangering
- Lack of justice for victims of any type of abuse or having to deal with unsolved homicides
What is it that makes you angry?