Do you care what others think of you?
- Yes, way too often. I want to get to the point in my life when I can honestly say “I don’t care what others may think of me”
What do you want other people to know about you?
- I can be somewhat complex when it comes to my emotions and feelings because a lot of times it is based on the feelings and emotions of the people in my surroundings, a thought/flashback, or a song I might be singing or thinking of at the time and it outwardly shows on my face/body language. It seems as though my emotions change rapidly without reason from the outside looking in, but I feed off other people & it doesn’t help when I feel uncomfortable or feel a threat or feel the emotions from others & sometimes it is also due to the fact that I have crap going on and instead of voicing it or venting out loud, I keep it within.
- I am very giving of myself and I’ve learned that I tend to give too much of myself early on or too quickly & i become emotionally attached — so when/if things go south in a friendship or relationships it drains me emotionally and takes a lot out of me because I have very little left of me for me to heal.
- I don’t like the concept of everyone being my friend, I choose my friends wisely — at least try and any type of bond I bring into my life — has to be meaningful to me and feel comfortable before I decide to call them my friend because friends are something special to me & I am a loyal friend so I want good people in my circle.
- I am much better at listening to people than I am speaking about myself or talking in general because I am socially awkward
- I am not good at keeping up with my friendships — I don’t do well with keeping in touch with people regularly, I have a hard time asking people to hang out, I don’t feel affected when I haven’t seen or spoken to my friend(s) in months. I find I am great at making friends but suck at actually keeping them for long periods of time.
How do you deal with confrontation?
- I don’t like confrontation, and it makes me have anxiety and I become very intense in the heat of the moment. I typically would rather have a solution and it end well then to have it end badly and both parties are left upset — I try to be calm when being confronted by another but at times, I get defensive and I might break down or feel compelled to walk away if it becomes too big of an issue.
What are your personal goals?
- Work on my social anxiety
- work on building my self worth/confidence
- travel on my own
- lose weight (10-15 lbs)
- build solid relationships with both my siblings that continue to be positive and allow us to stay close
- learn to forgive myself and others
- learn to stand up for myself when need be and voice my opinions openly without fear of what others may think or say
I’d say I have more than what is listed, but I think primarily these listed are some of the important ones for now.
What are your personal goals?
Have your past experiences shaped the fears and anxieties you have today?
- Relationships wise, yes possibly but not in a negative sense – more in a cautious and be more observant and less tolerate sense. Otherwise in real world events, yes, I have some fears/anxieties that I have had sense growing up and others that stumbled upon me as I got to be older due to the past- but I have gotten better or I am still working on making them less of an issue going forward in life so that it doesn’t hinder me from great opportunities or honest friendships & relationships.
We all can agree that we don’t want our past to control the present or future, but sometimes due to the past we have reservations and feelings towards certain aspects of life, do any of you have past experiences that have formed your fears and anxieties now?
Are you easily annoyed, what annoys you?
- Yes, I am in fact easily annoyed. Typically, I am annoyed when I have a lot on my mind/flooded with thoughts, or when I am on THAT “time of month”, when I am feeling overwhelmed or stressed out or having a bad day. The smallest thing(s) will annoy me when I am annoyed, like it doesn’t take much when I have reached that level.
Are you the type to be easily annoyed? if so, what causes you to be annoyed?
How does uncertainty make you feel?
- I don’t like the feeling; it gives me anxiety & causes me stress or to be overwhelmed.