- 2-3 minute jump rope
- Wide grip lat pulldown: 3 x 21-30, 50 lb (1 minute jump rope)
- Pulldown behind the neck: 3 x 21-30, 50 lb ( 1 minute side to side shuffle between each set)
- Rope straight arm pull down: 3 x 21-30, 40 lb (1 minute skipping in place between sets)
- DB shrugs: 4 x 21-30, 95 lb (1 minute smith machine clean- 75 lb between each set)
- EZ bar cable curl: 3 x 21-30, 30 lb (1 minute DB lunge- 20 lb between each set)
- Incline DB curl: 3 x 21-30, 30 lb (1 minute goblet squat -30 lb between each set)
- Hammer curls: 3 x 21-30, 30 lb (1 minute kettlebell swing – 8kg between each set)
- Seated DB palms down wrist curl: 3 x 21-30, 30 lb (1 minute squat jump between each set)
So this particular program I enjoyed because it allowed me to do cardio while also lifting without having to hop on a cardio machine. I also felt like the program was good about giving you options to choose from when it came to the cardio acceleration between sets – I will definitely be implementing the cardio acceleration in future workouts. I didn’t get totally shredded, if anyone of you have been keeping up with my Instagram, then you know I was already in good shape and so this helped to increase my endurance and pushed me to also drive myself without rest between sets. I didn’t follow the meal plan it had set for me, but I know that some people based on reviews said it helped them and they lost a good amount of weight doing the whole program- I might have lost 5 lb or so, but nothing huge but AGAIN I did not follow the meal plan it had set in stone.
The only thing I did not particularly love about the program is some of the workouts were the same throughout the workout and while it didn’t bore me, it could bore others who like variations. I know my collaboration partner said she changed up the exercises to her liking after a while. The program can be found at – https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jim-stoppani-six-week-shortcut-to-shred.html
For half of this month, I am going to do some recreational lifts that focus on increasing my strength and muscle mass, and then work on some HIIT cardio possibly as well then I will hop on a new program.. so be looking out for that 🙂
Thanks for everyone’s continued support!