Did you ever experience bullying? How did you deal with this?
- Yes, I experienced bullying on multiple occasions throughout my life. I was bullied in elementary school, two middle schools and two high schools. It was tough, because I was taught to stick up for myself and not allow people to do harm to me, thankfully, my bullying was all verbal but nonetheless, I never did stick up for myself. Normally, I would ignore it and say nothing, cry when I got home or had alone time, I would allow it to happen and not say anything to adults about it including my own family members. I pretty much did nothing. When I was being bullied by my own family sometimes, I did pretty much the same thing or I would lash out and cry, get mad and say really mean things back, remove myself from the room, etc.
Have you ever been a victim of bullying? Did you do anything about it, or tell anyone?
What is your happiest memory?
- When I started becoming close to my youngest brother, spending time with him, teaching him things, watching him grow up and realizing now how it played a huge impact on his life — he and I are always so close and I love him to death. He is 10 years old now and I just hope he always remember the times we had together.
What is your happiest memory?
What are the little things that make you happy?
- good music
- sunshine/warm weather
- organized and clean bedroom / space
- accomplishing a goal
- helping others
- phone calls from my youngest brother
- being alive
- healthy overall
- something positive, sweet that someone has said to me
- being able to spend the day relaxing, laying in bed
- working in my profession
- my faith
- observing elderly couples holding hands — the cutest
- being outside among nature
- kind gestures
What are some of the little things that make you happiest?
What one thing always makes you smile?
- My youngest brother, he is 10, always has something to share and just seeing him, makes me smile 🙂
What is one thing that makes you smile bloggers? leave answers in comments.
Happy Monday everyone,
I have some wonderful news to share about today’s adventure at the gym, as always I was supposed to work with John in kicking his ass into shape, but today he surprised me with bringing his sister along with him to workout. I have to admit I was shocked and very happy, I wasn’t expecting such good news and it made the day even more fulfilling. With this being said, she has decided to hop on board with the #FitFam and workout with John and I, so I will be helping her to lose the weight she wants to lose and hopefully get her feeling better internally and externally. Today I just included her with our workout at a different pace and incline, but tomorrow we plan to sit down and talk so I can get an idea of her goals (short term and long term), have an idea of her activity/fitness level, eating habits, etc. She is said she will be joining John and I again tomorrow for our workout before sitting down with me, so I am looking forward to it.
Now time to share some not so great news, John ended up weighing himself Sunday, but it was botched because he did it after eating and late in the afternoon, which I always recommend in the morning when you wake up before you eat something. He ended up gaining 2 lb, but this could be for multiple reasons and he basically identified his eating habits are the reason he thinks, and wants to fix, so hopefully he will have a plan in place to help him with that and I can guide him if needed. Nonetheless, he wasn’t upset or sad, he didn’t panic or overthink it, but he said he did ask himself questions so he could understand where he went wrong, and I sent him an email addressing why he may have gained weight. Although our first week together wasn’t consistent, so I have to consider that part myself. Regardless, we are moving on and going to strive for better! I am proud of him for continuing to meet me at the gym, not yet giving up and encouraging his sibling to join us.
Today’s workout with John:
- walking lunges
- leg swings, 10 reps each leg
- walking glute stretch
- Treadmill- 30 minutes, no incline, 4.0 speed
- Treadmill- 15 minutes, 3.0 incline, 3.5 speed
- Treadmill- 5 minutes, 2.5 speed, no incline
Today’s workout wasn’t too hard, and he was able to do 4.0 at 30 minutes without reducing his speed this time, so tomorrow we will be doing the same exact exercise & warm-up. I think hopefully I will be able to see him do 45 minutes at 4.0 without reducing his speed, but it might take some time, and that is okay. His sister did her’s at a different pace, but kept up with it, and had no complaints about the workout. She does have an injury though, so I have to be particularly careful of her exercises, which she sees her doctor soon, so I will get more information on it. Today was a good day at the gym and both did relatively well, hoping tomorrow goes just as well!