How do you deal with negative comments?
- To be honest, I don’t deal with them very well at all. Even when I am trying to “ignore” it, they still bother me. Mostly bothers me because normally I don’t do anything that would render someone to be nasty towards me, and while I am not perfect by any means, I don’t go out of my way to give someone a reason to be rude/mean/malicious towards me — especially since I try to be a positive, optimistic person for the most part. I have always been one to take things people say about me to heart and because I don’t enjoy confrontation, it is harder because I am having to ignore it when it still plays in my head. If I would learn to confront the issue more, I think it would not bother me as much. I had a blogger once tell me, “what other people think about you or say about you is none of your business” (something along those lines) and after reading this phrase, it definitely makes sense and helps somewhat to see the other side of things and really allows me to push forward in trying to not let it get to me. I dislike strongly negative comments towards me, because I know what it is like to be bullied and it sucks and it gets old and sometimes it just seems to weigh people down, so I take harshly to negative comments when the person has no reason to be that way towards another person. I am firm believer that everyone has a right to their own opinion, but like butts, everyone has one & sometimes it is best to keep certain comments to yourself.
How do you handle negative comments? Have you found a way that works best for you, or do you struggle with this as well?
What makes you angry? How do you deal with the anger?
- I would be ranting if I had a list of everything that made me angry, as a matter of fact, I don’t think I could list everything because sometimes I find something new grinds my gears that I haven’t experienced before — and other times, it isn’t that I am angry, it might be just that I am frustrated and coming off angry about a situation. Either way, you got lucky because I was able to come up with a ranting list of things that anger me:
- Losing — I hate losing because I am competitive by nature. I never have fun losing, but I have learned to play sports, games, activities for fun because people don’t enjoy being around “sore losers”
- Failing – Failing at something or not being good at something; especially when I see someone else is good at it because it makes me feel “lame” not living up to those same standards & brings out my competitive nature. I tend to look at failing with perspective, and I either practice & try again or I admit to myself that I am not good at whatever it may be and move on or play for fun.
- people whom seem to complain when they have it easier in life compared to others around them
- When people talk to me condescendingly
- Shopping at Walmart
- Person taking advantage of someone because of their vulnerabilities
- 2 face individuals
- Our governments choices sometimes
- Hate crimes
- bad drivers who do not care about the lives they are endangering
- Lack of justice for victims of any type of abuse or having to deal with unsolved homicides
What is it that makes you angry?