In this video, I explain some changes and discuss how YouTube is not TOP priority in my life because I have other obligations and expectations that I want to fulfill in my life at the moment that are more important. I created this video in hopes it would explain what to expect from me and how I plan on going about things from this day forward so no one feels abandoned.
It has been a minute since I have posted my actual workouts. I know you don’t all care but for the ones that do, this is my way of letting you know I apologize – with this whole sponsorship contract and getting things around the Arnold Classic this year and not to mention my working on my certification, it has been very busy indeed. I have been making it to the gym though (even when I don’t post about it). Hopefully today’s workout makes up for my missed dates. Starting Monday, I am hoping to start my week of PR’s and see where I am strength wise in my exercises. I will probably be starting myself on a new squat program to get my squat back up to where it should be (which won’t be fun at all) and then I will be getting my new planner printed off and in the works, not to mention I will be changing my blog theme and reorganizing the categories- which will be fun.
Don’t forget to sign up for the March Push Up Challenge- Send me an email to Shay.email@example.com and let me know.
For all those participating in my squat challenge, you are nearly finished and the last 2 days will go into March, so some of you may be doing push ups and finishing up for squats as well (twice the hard work). I have other challenges in the making and so those will be revealed when the time comes. Otherwise, as always, expect a very busy Shay during the month of March (because my birthday is also in March .. )
I have had someone ask me if I am still writing for any editors, etc. I am, but right now because I did the worse thing a writer can do (overbook herself) to the point where I am doing too much all at once, I will be slowing down quite a bit and reorganizing that as well so I am not stressing myself out. I will still be writing for others, but I am going to do better at not overbooking myself and over extending myself. I have had other offers come my way but that is for a later conversation. Right now, I am focused on so many things that my brain might be fried by the end of this weekend. Thankfully tonight I will be partying pretty hard 🙂
So… as I was saying…
- Smith machine squats: 3 x 10, 105 lb
- smith machine leg press: 3 x 10. 135 lb, 155 lb, 175 lb
- cable goblet squat: 3 x 12, 50 lb
- hip adduction: 4 x 12, 130 lb
- hip abduction: 4 x 12, 130 lb
- lying leg raises: 3 x 10 ea. leg
- planks: 3 x 30 seconds
- push ups: 38 reps
Your Fitness Blogger,
I wanted to make a video updating everyone on what is to come with my blogs and YouTube channel. & what has already happened in my life thus far, Post New Years. I will continue to keep everyone posted as things start to change and grow! thank you for your patience!
Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel,
For the first time, I don’t look a total hotmess on camera! lol
Too many of this, can create a whole lot of this..
I wanted to keep everyone update on my life as far as my writing, work, goals, etc.
I have some good news I want to share with all of you and hopefully all of you will be just as excited to hear it.
- I spoke with a fellow fitness blogger and we are expecting to do a collaboration this month that should be finished by the end of October. It will have something to do with fitness/health & will definitely be worth the wait. It is very exciting. She reached out to me on social media and wanted to do something different and invited me to work with her on it, we spoke via phone and decided what we kind of want to do, and agreed on some topics and are in the making of creating something fun for our audience! Many of you probably already follow her blog, gojenbefit, if you don’t, take a look at it, she has some good content to offer 🙂
- I have not heard back from the editor as of yet, so it should be this week or next, I still have one more article due that needs done by the 27th, so pretty soon I will be working on that article. Busy, busy.
- I am still studying for my CPT exam, not fun but needs done so I am prepared.
- I have two guest bloggers who will soon be turning in their articles to me to be posted on my site. Be on the lookout for them, they will be awesome!
- I have not done my pitch yet for the editor of Muscle & Fitness magazine, but I am trying to make some time in doing that as well, since he did offer me to send him more, I will take advantage of this
- I have contacted a fellow blogger who many of you know and asked if he would allow me to do an interview and/or present a blog post to be featured on his page and he has gotten back with me on the idea and I believe next week we will be setting up an interview via skype. I am hoping it makes his radio talk show, that would be awesome, but if not, I still think it is awesome I get this opportunity! I am very nervous and excited all in one. Hopefully he doesn’t throw me any curve balls, LOL. I will and I am sure he will let everyone know when the video gets posted 😀 be on the lookout for that as well!
- I have been receiving many positive emails from some of you and I would like to say thank you! it is always awesome when I can wake up and read your emails! love it.
- Follow me on social media, if you would like, I am active on all of them (yeah I don’t know how I manage it either) lol. but love connecting with everyone in various ways.
- Thank you for the continued support on my Youtube videos, I know I can be a goof many times, but everything I tell you has some form of meaning to it. I do plan on making more videos besides on Monday’s but right now, my schedule is full most days, but I will let everyone know when I decide to add more videos and on what days. I am looking at starting “Topic Tuesdays” – yes I did make this clever idea up, lol so be on the lookout when I announce my first Topic Tuesday video.
- Finally, I want to let everyone know, I apologize if I don’t always get to your new post “on time” or if I don’t seem like I venture to your page often enough, I really honestly try to make it to your page with the time I do have, I am not the fastest reader in the world, so when I do venture.. reading each post takes me time and that is why sometimes I don’t make it back to your page for days or weeks at a time. In an event you want me to look at a particular post and leave feedback, let me know.. I don’t mind, I try to at least read and like what I like, if I don’t like it, I don’t pretend I do. LOL or I haven’t read it yet.
- If you want to be a guest post on my blog, you are more than welcome to contact me and give me the scoop in what you want to write and if I like it, cool, if not, we shall tweak it or I keep it real and tell ya it isn’t a good fit, but no worries I am very chill:) If you want me to pick out a topic for you, I do that too. it just means more work for me. LOL. Also, I can guest post for others, if you want me as a guest post or interview, contact me, and we can talk about it.
- As far as collaborations, if you want to collaborate with me on something, that is cool too! I am always open to work together on a project with people!
Don’t hold me accountable for this semi-long post, lol. My life isn’t all daisies, I just left out the disasters . haha.
Your fitness blogger,
I wanted to let everyone know that I had a phone conversation with the former Editor of Muscle & Fitness magazine, gave him my pitches over the phone and he liked them with some tweaking of course. I have two articles due on different days this month, one is due Oct. 17th and the other is due Oct. 28th, so I will be very busy trying to finish those up before my deadlines. He was a friendly guy who is only one year older than myself, which stunned me a bit, not sure why though. We talked about how I am to format the articles, the number of words for the articles and my compensation. As of now this an unpaid writing gig, but he said eventually he will be able to pay his writers (including myself) but for now he will be promoting my writing on all social media platforms (which I am just as excited about). Once my articles are published on his online magazine site, I will be able to share with all of you, so keep an eye out for them! In the meantime, I am still working on getting pitches ready for the Editor in Chief of Muscle and Fitness magazine, but this will take me some time so I can nail it this time around.
I want to thank everyone for the continued support on my blogs and videos, I appreciate it!
I will be sure to keep everyone updated throughout the process.
Your fitness blogger,
I wanted to inform you on two things:
- The Editor in Chief of “Muscle & Fitness” magazine got back with me, he wasn’t impressed with my pitch but wants me to send him more with what he requires and told me I was a great writer and he wasn’t saying “no” to me for writing for the magazine, because he thinks I can do it, and would make a great writer for the magazine. Overall, I will be studying on “pitching” and making sure I do better this time around, I am happy he gave me a second chance at this.
- The former Editor of Muscle & Fitness magazine contacted me today, asking if I would be interested writing for his website working along side with him. It isn’t paid but he will promote me throughout all social media platforms, and use my “bylines”. He seems eager to work with me, I have yet to send him an email replying back, I will do that today or tomorrow (with a “yes”) because it could turn into a job or open more doors for me down the road. Nonetheless this will be a good stepping stone, hopefully leading into the right direction.
Thank you for the continued support, I will be very busy, but hopefully it will pay off in the end. Something good came out of my bad week.
Your fitness blogger,