Happy ThursdayThoughts FitFam 😀
Every Thursday on twitter is ThursdayThoughts, and I don’t necessary always partake, but when I do, it is nice to see other people’s thoughts for the day. If you want to share your Thursday Thoughts on my blog post today, that is fine, along with your workouts 😀 I may consider falling trap to this hashtag and make my Thursday thoughts YouTube videos/blog post, but for right now, I am okay with just leaving it be. I hope all of you have a wonderful Thursday though.
Today, it was just me at the gym doing my own thing, since John could not make it, due to a migraine. He sent me a text sometime this morning around 4AM, lol – which in my book was early as fuck, but then again I was obviously awake to read it.. so… I suppose it wasn’t so bad afterall. My phone stays near me when I sleep, because I love having notifications wake me up and people calling me at all times of the night! those are my favorite bedtime stories! hahaha- maybe not, but I deal with it and don’t mind because I would rather know than to miss out and something happen, ya know? Something most people will not understand because you have your phones in another room, off, or on mute while you sleep (which is a great idea) but seems I am an odd one. So with this all being said, my workout today was very EASY going, nothing was meant to be hard, it was meant to be a laid back workout, just a few weights and some light cardio work. Although, someone may be thinking: “That’s easy? what is an easier day look like” – my answer to you is “doing nothing at all” lol.
My Easy Workout Day – Thank you John for not showing up 😀 (it is because of this, I made my day easy) haha
- My warm up was the practice lifts I did before adding weights – first couple of sets doing 10 reps
Workout Session (upper body):
- Bench Press (neutral grip): 1 X 10 – 35LB, 3 X 10 – 45LB
- Assisted pull up machine: 4 X 10 – 40LB (The lower the amount of the weight, the more work you are doing to pull yourself up) I was shocked I was able to do 40LB, although the lowest is like 20 I think? I forget. People think that by doing more weight on the assisted pull up machine you are a bonafide badass – BUT that is false, because the more weight you use, the easier the pullup, so if you use this machine, the lowest weight is the badass! 🙂
This workout is not part of the superset:
- Barbell bentover row: 4 X 10, 65LB
- Cable crossover: 5 X 10 – 10LB
- Lat pulldown (narrow grip): 5 X 10, 85LB
- Cable curls: 4 X 8 – 25LB
- Cable Rows: 4 X 8 – 25LB
- Treadmill: 20 minutes, no incline, 3.8 speed
So see what I mean by easy workout day, I barely lifted today and the cardio wasn’t extreme or fatiguing. I took it very easy today for my sake. I like easy days like this. Oh and I should mention, tomorrow John is not able to make it in the morning, so I will have another day without him but I don’t think this means my workout will be easy this time from the looks of what I may be doing for tomorrow. I also work all day tomorrow, so I may or may not be able to blog about my workout or any other topic, so you may or may not hear from me depending on how busy I am before leaving for work. If I don’t blog about it tomorrow, then I will start back up on Monday. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Your Fitness blogger,