Happy National Oreo Day!
Oreo cookies are my favorite cookie.
How many of you like Oreo cookies? 😀
If your local store does not carry this brand and you were interested in trying it:
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”
I ordered some Quest Nutrition Protein Powder and got 3 FREE cereal bars from them and I am going to be doing a review on ALL THREE of them, so yesterday I did my first review on the chocolate flavored one.
P.S I finally figured out how to show my videos on my blog! Yay 🙂
This video is from 3-4 days ago 🙂
It is a review on the EAS MYOPLEX Whey protein Isolate – Chocolate flavor
Who loves dark chocolate and red wine? I know I love me some good red wine, I actually prefer red wine over white and to be honest with all of you, I have a bottle of red wine next to me while I am typing (no I am not drunk typing). I am not a fan of dark chocolate and not a huge fan of chocolate, I have to be in the mood for it, to say the least it is not my downfall. Rumor has it that drinking red wine and eating dark chocolate has health benefits and I went digging to see what I could find and I think some of you may be pleased with some of the information and others of you may be shocked.
- Some red wines, if made with high fiber Tempranillo grapes have been known to lower cholesterol levels
- Protects the heart- the antioxidants reduce the risk of unwanted clotting
- Controls blood sugar- The skin of red grapes can help regulate blood sugar in diabetics
- Boost the brain- Resveratrol found in red wine can have a positive keeping a sharp memory
- Fights off a cold- Again the antioxidants in red wine can help fight infection and protect cells against the effects of free radicals
- Decreases the chance of cancer- now there was a study done that said the red wine “inhibited the key action of cancer feeding protein” because of the resveratrol.
- Prevents the growth of fat cells- the compound piceatannol
- Goes great with a nice meal.
Now this does not mean red wines do not have negative effects on the body, this means just like anyone else, one should drink it in moderation. It is normally suggested one drink per day for women and 2 drinks per day for men. Although, if you ask me.. I don’t do a very good job following the rules.
- Lowers blood pressure- if one has reached a certain age and have mild to high blood pressure.
- dark chocolate contains antioxidants- but not the milk chocolate, and do not wash the down the dark chocolate with milk, otherwise that takes from what the antioxidants will help with
- Improves blood flow
- Lower risk of heart disease
- known to protect the skin from the sun- flavonols can protect against sun induced damage, improve skin hydration and increase skin density
- Improve brain function- the cocoa was used in a study with elderly people, and it shown to impro ve their cognitive functions
Eat dark chocolate in moderation but choose it over eating milk chocolate, do not load up on dark chocolate because it still has many calories and that means you will want to watch how much of it you consume on a daily basis.
Between the both of these treats, I am thinking most of you are thinking about going to the store and stocking up on red wine and dark chocolate. Nothing wrong with that, just save me a bottle! Hope you enjoyed the read, feel free to share it on social media, follow me, and leave feedback!
Your fitness blogger,