Where would you like to travel?
- All over the U.S – All 50 states, For starters, I would like to visit California, Florida and New York City because these three places I always hear people speaking highly about or have visited multiple times & I have never been on the ocean so Florida and California would be a nice experience for that. I would also like to visit the Bahamas and other islands, as well as visit outside the country possibly but with so much to see in the U.S; I would be just as happy to see everything each state has to offer.
I have a lot of travelers who read my blogs and I follow many of you who travel for a living or as a side hobby, it’s always fun to read and view the pictures. Assuming most people enjoy travel — where is someplace you would like to visit?
Have a wonderful Independence Day Bloggers!
Today’s post is a bit different, I wanted to do something fun and also something new. I hooked up with another blogger (whom has done a guest post for me in previous months) and came to her asking if she would be interested in doing something like this, where we each ask each other 5-10 questions about each other’s country and/or state and have that person answer them. Hopefully all of you will enjoy this little activity I came up with. I am from Ohio and she resides in Kenya, and if any of you have questions for either one of us, feel free to leave a comment here or at her page https://lifesfinewhine.wordpress.com/
My Questions for her/ her answers:
- What is your favorite cuisine in Kenya?
Probably Ugali and Sukuma! I can’t live without Ugali!
- Are there any animals going extinct in Kenya or becoming endangered, if so, which ones?
The African Lion, Cheetah, Zebra, Black Rhinos and the African Elephant. We need to take much better care of our animals and it’s very sad to see how much the wildlife in this country has declined in just the last few years. For more information on this please check here: http://www.kenya-advisor.com/wildlife-in-kenya.html and please try to learn on the internet how you can adopt and help save the animals.
- Special holidays your country celebrates?
We have something called Madaraka day on June 1st which celebrates the heroes who for fought for independence and is the day Kenya attained internal self rule in 1964.
- What do young teens and/or young adults have to do for fun in Kenya?
Well if you’re an extrovert there are plenty of clubs, bars and restaurants where you can hang out and have fun in the cities. If you prefer the nature there are lots of animal parks and orphanages, safaris, and other fun places to visit.
- What languages does the population of Kenya speak?
There are about 42 tribes in Kenya each of whom speak their own language and there are some tribes that speak more than one language so there are a lot of languages that are spoken in Kenya however most people speak Swahili and English.
- What religions are popular in Kenya?
The most popular religions are Christianity, Islam and Hinduism however there are other religions in Kenya too.
- Is finding employment hard in Kenya?
Depending on what you do for a living and your level of education finding a good job in Kenya can be either very easy or incredibly difficult. If you do something like accounting or medicine it is probably easier for you to get a job whereas if you do something in Arts like History or Literature there are not as many job opportunities.
- How old does someone have to be in order to smoke & drink alcohol?
Her Questions for me/ I answered:
- What’s your favorite American food? I like Italian dishes, and Mexican food. But if you mean “American”, I would say probably a hamburger! Like something about eating a hamburger with whatever toppings really makes me drool – I have tried so many different ones and they have been delicious.
- Many People Come to America seeking the “American Dream”, but do you think the “American dream” is real anymore? I think the “American dream” depends on the person these days, I don’t necessarily believe in the American dream like most people did back when, but I do believe in being successful and happy in whatever you choose to do.
- What was the best place you have travelled to in America, and why? I liked both Colorado and Pittsburg, for different reasons. Colorado had a lot of outdoor activities that I enjoyed (hiking, camping, nature/wildlife, viewing sites, etc) and I was not used to all of that growing up, so it was a nice change and not to mention where I resided in Colorado at the time it was fairly more diverse than where I reside now – different walks of life. I like Pittsburg because I enjoyed the HUGE city, and being able to see some important monuments, festivals, restaurants. I liked the whole fast paced life that most seemed to live, and the jollies of visiting different parts of Pittsburg, definitely different than what I am used to.
- What is Ohio best known for (besides having an awesome fitness blogger living there)? Ohio is known for our state bird the Cardinal, our buckeye trees (and buckeyes taste so good), for our football team (The Ohio State Buckeyes), for the state flower – the carnation. The American Football Hall of Fame (Canton, OH), our amusement park – Cedar Point, Ohio has been home to at least 8 Presidents and some other famous well known people.
- What’s one place in America you really want to see?: I don’t know of any ONE place I want to see, I have so many I want to see. I need to do more traveling! I want to visit some of the warmer states and perhaps visit NY city as well, just to say I have. I wouldn’t mind hiking some of the more popular places in America. I would love to visit each state’s zoo, lol.