Finally January is coming to an end and the only reason I am happy about this is because finally I am not working another 60 hours in Feb. lol. which means I get TIME to actually get things done, the weather is getting closer to spring/summer and that excites me and because valentine’s is around the corner and this will give me a chance to drink wine.. lol.
Oh and I have a friend who has a birthday and I GUESS I will be celebrating it with her, so.. I mean Feb, seems like a good month besides having to pay rent. LOL.
So to kick it off on a Monday, I did a workout at the gym this morning (woke up on time) and got there when it wasn’t busy, yay! My workout today went fairly well, I made it a full body workout day, although I did more work on the legs because I haven’t had an actual leg day in awhile and that isn’t good because things seem to go away when you stop training muscles. Nothing was “too heavy” today, I wanted to stay within 60-70 percent of my 1RM for many exercises. I also thought I would announce, I LOST a fun 3 pounds! hahahaha. that is great, right? now I weigh 144 lb:) ( I am 5’8) , but with my weight loss came muscle loss, and not so fun, but that is alright, I will pump some iron and get it back in no time.
If you remember me talking about the “weird” man who watched me the last time I was the gym, well, he was there again today and this time, he was less creepy, or at least trying to conceal it.. so I wouldn’t notice. I suppose I am only worth watching when I am doing overhead presses of 50 plus pounds haha. — jk, but I was relieved he decided to not stop and stare today. He must only watch me on certain days of the week. LOL. Anywho, tomorrow is my last squat challenge day! YAY! so happy! it has been a blast (but that is for another blog post)
Anyways, don’t forget to sign-up for my squat challenge, by Feb 1st. 🙂
- Smith machine squats: 4 x 12, 10, 8, 8. 1 x 55lb, 1 x 75lb, 2 x 87 lb
- smith machine lunges: 4 x 12, 10, 8, 8. 1 x 15 lb, 1 x 35 lb, 2 x 55 lb
- Bench press (neutral grip): 4 x 8. 1 x 70 lb, 3 x 42 lb
- smith machine bentover rows: 4 x 8. 3 x 65 lb, 1 x 75 lb
- Cable kickback: 4 x 12, 10, 8, 8. 1 x 10 lb, 1 x 15 lb, 2 x 20 lb per leg. Superset with Curtsy lunge: 4 x 12, 10, 8, 8
- Cable curls: 4 x 8. 20 lb. Superset with Cable upright rows: 4 x 8. 20 lb
- Leg press: 4 x 12, 10, 8, 8. 1 x 70 lb, 1 x 90 lb, 2 x 110 lb
- leg extension: 4 x 12, 10, 8, 8. 2 x 70 lb, 2 x 90 lb
- pull ups: 4 x 8 (no assistance/ stopped at 6 and finished with the 2 each time)
- bodyweight squats: 240 reps (I will post the YouTube video next post)
Today’s workout was a longer than I anticipated but that is okay, I got through it and needed a longer workout to make up for the lack of days I missed because of my work schedule being so long. Hopefully all of you started your Monday off with some productivity! feel free to try out some of these exercises and share your workouts me in the comment section.