It has been a while since I have been nominated for an award, which isn’t a bad thing— but it does make me feel good that bloggers still recognize my blog and feel as though it is good enough for an award. Thanks to fellow blogger Chrissy I was nominated for “The entertainer blogger Award” — Thank you Chrissy for nominating me; I have only been following her for a short period of time, but check out her blog because she has nifty topics.
This is my FIRST time being nominated for this award, so I am going to have some fun with it!
- Thank the person who nominated you (add link to their blog)
- Add the rules, so others can follow
- Nominate a handful of entertaining bloggers
- Display the photo also in your blog
- Why did you start blogging in the first place? I started blogging during college, well towards the end of my last year of college because my professor — he and I had discussed ways to get information out with fitness/health and he knew it was my passion to be a personal trainer and work in the fitness industry (make it my life long career) and one of his projects for his students at the time was to create a blog about whatever they wanted. I was not in his class during this project, but when he made mention of the project to me, I decided I wanted to give it go myself and to make something of it… and here I am 2 years later still blogging about my passion 😀
- What is your favorite book? It honestly has been awhile since I have sat down to a good book, almost a year to be exact. While I used to read plenty growing up, I kind of made less time for it as I got older. In recent years, I read two Stephen King books, one of them I did happen to like more so than the other; “Black House”. I realize it is an older book, but I did enjoy it. I wish I could remember books from school that I enjoyed, but don’t have them mentally prepared in the mind.
- What do you really dislike? I have to agree with Chrissy’s response to this question https://simplychrissyblog.com/2018/01/24/blog-66-the-entertainer-blogger-award/comment-page-1/#comment-200 but I also, would say I dislike people who tend to feel superior towards other people; people who tend to judge critically of others based on their lifestyle choices, sexual orientation, and race. I dislike that when I scroll through IG (instagram) I hardly see WOC (women of color) athletes and people who inspire others within our fitness industry — when I see the same blonde hair blue-eyes women being sponsored and featured in the same apparel or in the same event — it rubs me the wrong way because we have plenty of WOC who are outstanding athletes and represent positively within the community (including myself) and in my opinion it shows lack of consideration/ not to mention they only sprinkle “small doses” of Hispanic and Asian women as well. I think companies need to open their horizons and really re-evaluate what message they are sending out there to their consumers. I believe as women it is hard enough within the fitness industry at times, but even harder when your own culture or race isn’t as recognized and so .. maybe that is something to think about. As a matter of fact an elite WOC CrossFit athlete: Chuckie Welch posted a comment on her IG Today about this and so did her friend who is not WOC but stood by her side to say the same thing I am posting right now but more in depth.. Follow this link to Chuckie’s IG and read her caption about it.. I think it will definitely open some eyes and possibly even make what I am saying a little easier to understand: https://www.instagram.com/chuckiewelch/?hl=en
- What is your favorite food at the mall? I don’t go to our town mall often enough to eat there (our mall sucks) and to be honest the choice of restaurants is lame.. like maybe one or two places due to a lot of shops closing down because they can’t afford the rent. Most people in my city drive 45 min away to a Toledo, Ohio mall or a hour and some odd minutes away to a mall in Columbus, Ohio 🙂 which I love Columbus! ❤
- What is your favorite pastime? I would probably say lately napping, lol I have been more tired than usual and so I have found myself trying to nap often throughout the day BUT once my naps are out of the way, I enjoy watching movies or possibly finding something to do with a friend or two. Just depends on the weather and my mood.
My Nominees Are:
Leave comments below with your answers to the question if you weren’t nominated and be sure to check out each of these blogger’s Blogs! ❤
Happy National Trivia Day! 😀
In honor of National Trivia day..
What trivia games do you enjoy playing with family and friends?
Just want to wish all my blogger friends a happy labor day!!
How will you be celebrating today???
In this video, I explain some changes and discuss how YouTube is not TOP priority in my life because I have other obligations and expectations that I want to fulfill in my life at the moment that are more important. I created this video in hopes it would explain what to expect from me and how I plan on going about things from this day forward so no one feels abandoned.
Have a wonderful Independence Day Bloggers!