Do you lack energy? If so, what is causing this?
- In the recent months I feel as though I have been lacking energy to what to do anything that needs done in my life. For a while it was because of the lack of sleep I was getting, and sometimes it pertained to the kind of meals I was eating (heavy on the stomach?) but now, I think it has caused me to be lazy and not motivated to do things that once were important to me. I have been putting things off for a long time now, keep telling myself I will make time to do it and even write it in my planner but always find an excuse to not have it done. This laziness has been bumming me out and I really want to turn it around and go back to the highly motivated and goal achieving person I once was — and I know I am capable of doing so if I make it a habit once more. This question didn’t ask for a solution to my issue, but it will take me sitting down, writing a list of goals in detail (Quarterly, yearly, monthly, weekly, daily) and coming up with a schedule that is productive and puts my priorities first & then making time for entertainment as well so that I don’t get burnt out too quickly. It is actually simple, the hard part is step 1) sitting down and organizing my thoughts without being distracted. I am giving myself tomorrow as my start date to really get things going. Wish me luck.
Do the changing seasons affect your emotions? Why do you think this is?
- Yes, the changing seasons do affect my mood. I noticed in the summer time, I tend to be more active, motivated, positive and seemingly more happy; whereas in the fall/winter seasons, I tend to be lazy, more exhausted/tired, less motivated, grumpy & irritable. I believe the lack of sunshine might be one reason, another being the holidays during the colder months can be dreadful if something traumatic transpired during this time & usually I am always single for the holiday months, and so I feel more or less lonely compared to many of my peers whom are married, or dating someone during these times & can spend time with someone outside of their family or close friends. I am not a fan of colder weather, so for me, it sucks.
Anyone else experience changes in emotions due to changing seasons? how so?
We all have suffered those moments where one day we are killing it & the weights feel light, and the next day, it feels like even the lightest of weights feel heavy. That was my today — everything felt heavier & I couldn’t necessarily pinpoint why, but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact, I head to the gym after working 8 hours on third shift (lack of sleep) and the other being I am dehydrated quite often (not getting enough liquids) in my system before performing my workouts. The tiny bit could have been the fact my body was still somewhat sore or stiff — even after warming up. Whatever the reason code, it was quite annoying to say the least.
I did conventional deadlifts — for a firstie since taking that personal time off from the gym & it felt good to lift what I lifted for light speed work, but I still felt slower and weaker in this lift, especially during the 70 percent of my 1RM range — I noticed it more. I did what I could manage today and ended the workout with some surprise cardio session & re-weighed and measured myself (read down below for details).
- EZ bar stiff legged deadlift: 4 x 25, 20 lbs
- Lying hip rotation stretch: 4 x 25 each side
- Glute bridge: 4 x 25
- Conventional deadlift: 3 x 6, 200 lbs (65%)
- Conventional deadlift: 3 x 4, 3, 2 @ 215 lbs
- Barbell back squat: 3 x 6, 145 lbs
- Barbell back squat: 3 x 4, 160 lbs
- box squats: 3 x 10, 160 lbs
- Barbell OHS: 3 x 10, 45 lbs
- Box steps ups: 3 x 10
- Kettlebell single leg deadlifts: 3 x 10, 10kg each leg
- Clam shell w/ resistance band: 3 x 10 each leg, red band
- Stair climber: 20 minutes total. 15 min at level 4, 3 min @ level 5, 1 minute @ level 6 and 1 minute @ level 7. Burned 194 calories.
Simple workload, I have been doing sets of 3 instead of 4-5 because I want to gradually increase my strength back up to normal levels, & I don’t want to put too much on myself when I am getting off work in the morning — because I am exhausted and my body feels on overload not having rested beforehand, so I am keeping it at 3 for a while and will crank things up again in another month or so, pending results.
New updates on weight & measurements:
Current weight: 154.8 lbs
Body fat%: 22.8
Since August 8th– I have lost a total of 5.2 lbs 😀 now I have another 5 lbs to go before I hit my goal of 150 lbs but I still want to work in losing bf percent below 20.