To have a good “quality of life” is important for good health. We seem to always strive for a nice physique, for wealth and success – which is fine. But some of the more happiest of people, more healthiest of people, & genuine of people tend to have a quality of life that is rather amazing. When I say quality of life, I mean overall, how you choose to live your day-to-day, how you take care of yourself mentally and physically and the attitude you give off to others and the type of people you allow in your circle. All of which add up to your quality of life, and some people find their quality of life changes as they age and become more versed with the world and all it has to offer & become more picky as to how they spend their life. I want to strive to have a good quality of life, to have my priorities in order and be somebody that others can see that in the way I carry myself, my attitude and values.
Have you ever thought about what it means to have a good quality of life? what does it mean to you?
This week we answer the question: What has been our biggest accomplishment in our personal journey?
Wow! What does one say?
I am overwhelmingly ecstatic! this has been the moment I have been dreaming off. The milestone that that I have been aiming for, because this is the amount of people not including my subscribers who have been nothing but supportive, inspired and motivated, became my friends, my wordpress family. I have built some hefty bonds with some of you, had chats with many of you, have gotten to know the majority of you and have been supporting your blog and progress as well. Nothing says more to me, than to know that my blog has reached over 1000 people from different places and have challenged people to stay fit and healthy, get moving and be productive, make sure you are aware of the stigmas that follow certain mental health disorders, make sure we come together in unity so we can hopefully lessen the bodyshaming, and lessen the bullying and somehow build each other up because we need to, we need to find what brings us together and use it to better the world each day. I am so proud of all of you and so very thankful for all of you, because as you already know, I wouldn’t have made these achievements without your support, your engagement, your time, all of you have been an asset to my accomplishments and a HUGE factor for why I want to continue to write good content, publish good videos, challenge myself to new heights so that I am doing my part in making sure you get inspired, motivated and feel like you can come to me or come to my page and have some sort of fulfillment. I don’t want to let any of you down and I hope my blog continues to grow and continues to help those that want it and build the confidence of those who need someone in their corner. Thank you so much for being my #1 fan!
Your Fitness Blogger,
My next milestone: 1500 followers, I want to start a chain reaction and bring more people together!
Risk = Opportunity, but not all Opportunities are good.
In a vlog video today I talked about taking risk and my take on risk and how they can be effective and provide opportunities but at the same time can be what kills us (physically or mentally). My video was aimed for fitness/health people but this blog will speak to the general population and the same rules will apply but maybe different circumstances. Pay close attention for my post for it may be somewhat beneficial for some of you.
I believe that risk comes in three channels, these channels are: death, depleting of oneself and prosperity/growth. From these channels, you are obviously aware that the last one would be the goal or the most beneficial for us and this is very true. I will break down the differences and discuss each one briefly but somewhat like I did in my video, i will then leave you in thought.
The first channel: Death.
- This particular channel means literally dying or mentally decaying yourself to the point of exhaustion.
- An example of death: eating disorders, addictions, suicide, depression.. and the list continues.
- Most of us know someone or perhaps ourselves can relate to this channel of risk.
- This particular channel of risk is dangerous, and normally the ultimate downfall unless we seek help in time.
The second channel: Depleting self.
- This channel poses a threat because it can lead us to the channel of death if we are not careful.
- An example of depleting self: Trying to be something or someone we are not in order to fit in, allowing others to take advantage of us, having been bullied, traumatic experiences, among many other things
- Again we have either dealt with this channel ourselves or know someone who is/has.
- This particular channel is giving us a choice in how we respond to this particular risk- in most cases people go into death , but others will grow and learn from it.
The third channel: prosperity and growth.
- This channel is about taking a risk that has made you successful, motivational, inspiring, and possibly wealthy in many more ways than just money.
- This channel takes sacrifices , but they are sacrifices you can handle and or deal with and not regret it down the line if you made the right choice.
- This channel only turns into a bad risk if you choose to react to it in a greedy nature or make yourself seem more inferior to others.
Now that I have covered these three channels of risk, you are probably asking yourself, why would one want to choose death and/or depleting self.. how does one not know that is a bad risk? Well, it isn’t necessarily that one is choosing to be depressed or choosing to be bullied, risk create opportunities and not all opportunities are good ones, so when one chooses to risk losing weight by choosing to eat less and less.. they aren’t necessarily wanting to die they want the opportunity that comes from it – which is being skinny. Now this is may be all very confusing and you can choose to make sense of it however you want, no right or wrong way. I just found myself rambling and decided to share some insight with you. The bottom line is every risk we take effects us either negatively or in a positive manner, we don’t always know until we have taken the risk. Just think about what risk you are willing to take but don’t stop taking them in order to avoid opportunities.
If you are someone who wants to better understand my thoughts, please feel free to watch my YouTube video from today speaking on risk and hopefully it makes some sense. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fZPKcM7iw4. Thanks for reading, feel free to leave comments, share and or like.