Are you comfortable looking in the mirror?
- I haven’t always been. During my junior and senior year of college I struggled with looking in the mirror and even when I was younger I didn’t particularly enjoy looking in a mirror so I carried the habit of avoiding mirrors through my adulthood (unless I HAD to). It took a professor of mine to make it a habit of me having to look in a mirror while exercising to watch my form and technique — before I could do it at the gym & it not bother me. At the time, it was due to my weight gain that I avoided the mirrors and didn’t particularly enjoy seeing myself in the mirror because it was like a constant reminder that I looked gross. I had never had weight issues growing up — always been healthy and lean / so when this happened it terrified me and angered me and gave me anxiety and made me more self conscious about my appearance overall. Now, I have my days where I avoid the mirror in general besides when lifting out of habit when I don’t feel or look the best (but doesn’t have much to do with my body) more so, my overall appearance & I don’t like looking at myself in the fitting room mirrors [[ never have]] because they all differ and many times give me a bad perception of how I look compared to how I feel.
I have never been comfortable looking in a mirror, so now that I feel more comfortable doing so when I need to or when lifting at the gym, I feel I have come a long way from that fear — and it shows my growth and trying to overcome an obstacle of self worth.
I forgot to post these on the website and on my blogs and honestly, I am glad I took the plunge because I plan on doing another photoshoot — hopefully outdoors and with a better physique but this was a grand experience and now I have somewhat of an idea on what to expect, so hopefully all of you enjoy these as well.
What are your career goals?
- Full time personal trainer at a big gym — personal trainer manager even
- own business CPT (independent contractor)
- full time blogger/writer being paid
- successful podcaster
- business — line of my own products
- strength and conditioning coaching
- working with elite athletes — colleges, professional sports teams
- traveling CPT — and online training coach
- motivational speaker worldwide
Well, Friday was my birthday and Saturday I had my first fitness photoshoot. It was fun and a great experience that scared the hell out of me but I did it and I will continue to do it now going forward. I made a short post about my experiences and learning to pose, etc find out here what I had to say about the photoshoot.