- 1 lb of raw shrimp, peeled & cleaned
- 5 tbsp of softened butter
- 3-4 large cloves of garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper
- fresh or dried parsley to use as a garnish
- lemon wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Spread butter evenly on the bottom of the baking dish
- sprinkle crushed garlic over the butter
- add the shrimp
- bake for 7 minutes, then stir/turn shrimp, then bake for another 7-10 minutes
- squeeze a lemon wedge if desired and garnish with parsley
This dish would probably go great as part of a pasta dish, or as a side to a steak, even possibly adding it to a salad might be okay.
How many of you are shrimp fans? let me know in the comment section!
Last Saturday I missed the opportunity to share a recipe with all of you, but was able to do one on my podcast last Thursday. This particular recipe, is for anyone who enjoys sweet potatoes, personally, I do not, so I most likely will not give this a try, but my family loves it so I know they make something with similar ingredients during the holiday months. Hopefully this quick recipe will be one you share with the folks.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- maple syrup (preferably pure) 2 tbsp
- cinnamon 1/4 tsp
- nutmeg 1/4 tsp
- pepper 1/4 tsp
- salt 1/2 tsp
- olive oil 1 1/2 tbsp
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or tin foil and spray it. (or without use of parchment paper and spray it with cooking spray)
- Cut the sweet potatoes in cubed shaped, and place them inside a mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and maple syrup on top of them, then sprinkle the spices, mix together until the sweet potatoes are well covered
- Dump onto the cookie sheet and bake them for 15-20 minutes (should be tender and slightly crispy) and you will want to stir the sweet potatoes half way through cooking time.
Warm up: 2 – 3 minute skipping in place
- Bentover barbell row: 4 x 2-5. 95 lb. (1 minute skipping in place)
- Bentover DB Row: 3 x 2-5. 70 lb (1 minute goblet squat – 30 lb)
- seated cable row: 3 x 2-5. 120 lb (1 minute box jumps)
- Barbell shrugs: 4 x 2-5. 100 lb. (1 minute DB step up: 30 lb)
- Barbell curl: 3 x 2-5. 50 lb. (1 minute kettlebell swings – 8 kg)
- Barbell or EZ bar preacher curl: 3 x 4-5. 30 lb. (1 minute med ball slam – 10 lb)
- Reverse barbell curl: 3 x 4-5. 30 lb. ( 1 minute DB lunge – 20 lb)
Again this workout for today was focused on strength (so higher weights and lower reps) also, the 1 minute of cardio is between each set (no rest). I was not able to get to the battling ropes today so I missed out on one more exercise for the day but that is okay. Remember the exercise you are doing for 1 minute between sets is a low weight, do not use a high weight because the focus is being able to focus on endurance the whole time. I definitely felt some pain in my left knee during lunges and also, did a PR in bentover barbell rows and went up 10 lb 😀 also the seated cable rows I went up 20 lb 😀
Thanks for stopping by the page, please leave comments, likes, follows, shares/reblogs and feel free to follow my social media for more videos, workouts, updates:
Warm up: 2 -3 minute step up with knee raise
- Barbell bench press: 4 x 2-5. 75 lb, 95 lb, 100 lb, 105 lb. ( 1 minute step ups)
- Incline DB press: 3 x 2-5. 75 lb, 85 lb. (1 minute DB clean – 30 lb)
- Decline smith press: 3 x 2-5, 85 lb. (1 minute running in place)
- Dips: 4 x 6-8. ( 1 minute kettlebell swings – 15 lb)
- Close grip barbell bench press: 4 x 2-5. 85 lb. (1 minute smith power clean – 85 lb)
- Cable crunch: 3 x 5-6. 65 lb. (1 minute quick step ups)
- smith machine hip thrust: 3 x 5-6. 25 lb. (1 minute bench step up)
This workout was focused on strength , which is why the reps are really low. The 1 minute exercises are to be done between each set (so this means no resting between sets). The cardio workout is meant to be done with lower weights, because you want to be able to do the workout for the whole minute without stopping (which is why you see a lower weight).
The last exercise, I did a lower weight because I am not used to that workout and wanted to get the form down for next time before adding more weight.
For more workouts, videos, and updates .. follow me on social media:
I also have a MyFitnessPal app, so if interested, you may add me on there as well. Thanks for reading, leave comments, likes, follows and reblog/share! I also want to share I did a PR in the cable crunch, went up 8 lb 😀
This video is from 3-4 days ago 🙂
It is a review on the EAS MYOPLEX Whey protein Isolate – Chocolate flavor
Today I did a review on a pre-workout supplement by the name of “Razor blast powder” (I had never heard of it) but got this supplement free from the Arnold Classic.
I will continue to do reviews next week on other supplements/products so be on the lookout!