I could have very well stopped and been complacent with reps, after progressing but instead I decided, to DO MORE because I CAN. Why be complacent if I want results.
Today’s workout reminded me, I can do it and I will do it.
- Leg press: 4 x 25, 60 lbs
- Standing DB calf raises: 4 x 25, 40 lbs
- DB romanian deadlifts: 4 x 25, 30 lbs
Today’s workout was heavy session with squats & deadlifts
- Sumo deadlift: 5 x 2-3, 205 lbs (90% 1RM) and 3 x 1-2, 225 lbs (100 1RM) BUT I know I am ready to hit a new PR with my max, because 225 felt light.
- Barbell back squat (low bar, wide stance): 5 x 2-3, 180 lbs (90% 1RM) I decided to push 3 reps with this weight and it wasn’t easy, but after hitting three, I aimed for 5 reps and CONQUERED 🙂 Like my deadlift, my squat will be ready to hit a new 1RM soon as well, I didn’t max out on squats today though.
- Walking EZ bar lunges: 6 x 5-8, 70 lbs
- DB step ups: 6 x 5-8, 70 lbs
- DB plie squats: 6 x 5-8, 50 lbs
- Sprints: 10 times, for 30 seconds each with a 45 second break between.
- Stair stepper: 10 minutes, level 5
P.S i used this company’s gel (Sweet Sweat) is the company and it did some good 🙂