What would you like to achieve in the next year?
- There are so many things I would like to achieve, but here is a sneak peek of goals I have
- Moving to a bigger city
- Having my own podcast
- my blog reaching 10,000 followers/subscribers
- success with being a personal trainer at my place of work and as an independent contractor w/ my own business
- Starting a book
- creation of my very own product line
- having all my credit cards paid off
- having my own place/space (no roomies)
- physically stronger and leaner
- Traveling to more places on my own
- Having done more than 2 powerlifting meets
- Starting a club/group within my community or joining some
- Working for a bigger gym
- Meeting the owner of the company who sponsors me
- Making meditation a daily routine
- writing for more magazine publications
- Having my personal website take off and do well
- Making a passive income; where I work less and do more things I enjoy
- Motivational speaking around the world on the topic of fitness/health/mental health and LGBTQ
- attend more fitness conventions/seminars and events
- working one job again instead of two
- the possibility of going back to college to further my education
- Having a portfolio built of pictures so that I can do modeling gigs in the fitness industry and build myself and reputation
How do you focus?
- As of now, I use meditation to help me focus. It has been a learning curve, but has taught me to zero in on certain thoughts while not allowing outside disturbances to interfere and when I get lost in thought, to focus in on my breathing and readjust. This has been helpful for me for when I need to focus in on something specifically & block out the distractions. Thus far, this has been my only method of focusing I have taken part in.
How do most of you focus, what ways have you found that have worked for you? share in the comments & don’t forget to like, follow and share!
It came to me.. & so I have decided to share it with you.
So basically I have decided to take on a 365 day self-discovery impromptu questions — that will help me to hopefully get started on my journey to learning more about myself and what it means to be me. I know each year I will have different answers, and different reasons and experiences — which is why each year I plan on doing this — maybe same questions and maybe different questions. Who knows, all I know is, I want to watch myself unravel (both on paper and online). I know my blog is a fitness/health/wellness based blog & I don’t want that to be sidelined but I have always talked about mental health importance and I feel this fits in with it. Especially for myself. I need to self heal from wounds, I need to find myself and try not to lose grasp of what’s important to me due to other people not accepting it. I need to rediscover parts of me that I have been avoiding for years & try to grow myself from within to have a balance. I realize I will have bad days, and those can’t be avoided 100 percent but now it’s about coping with the bad days and finding a reason to look forward but not hold a longevity grudge that keeps my mind hostage. I don’t want to be held hostage in my own mind and I don’t want to hold myself back from opportunities that could arise here & now or in the near future.
Along with this self journaling I will be doing, I am going to be on a spiritual walk as well — as best as I can because I am human. This doesn’t mean I am going to be attending church or reading bible scriptures each day of the week — that’s not on my agenda. I just mean I am going to try to do a prayer daily (and not only when I have bad days) but also when the day is good & I am grateful for the fruits of my labor. Along with this spiritual venture, I have decided to give meditation another go and really implement it daily so that I have some form of mental coping mechanisms and clarity more often when I am feeling overwhelmed/stressed/angry/sad, etc. It won’t be easy because I am used to being part of the hustle and bustle but I am going to give it a go and see where what becomes of it. The goal is to post what meditation I did (duration, teacher, explanation & feelings towards it) and how it might have helped or didn’t help me or what I got from it/learned. Again I know this is odd considering the basis of most my post have more to do with the fact I am in a gym, but I needed to add something new for me & hopefully all of you will enjoy it as well. Not to mention, once my website is running, these are some of the “challenges” I will be writing on my personal training site as well so that my readers can get to know me on a less superficial basis and my clients can somewhat understand me. I don’t know how it will all play out, but I am positive something good will come from this. Especially if I plan on doing it for a long time.
I will continue to post my normal postings, so don’t feel as though I will neglect those, I won’t. I want to enhance my blog to a more lifestyle/fitness/health and wellness blog where it can cover multitudes of body and mind & not just one side of it. I am new to talking about deeper routed issues, so some questions may be harder than others, but I will give it my all. As far as meditation goes, I want to make it into a 365 day challenge as well — with sticking with it and implementing it daily (this will keep me accountable for both).
&& on a random note, I have been reading more again, & so I may every once in a while post a book I have read and some insight, those will probably be part of my thursday thoughts post.. since my blog is not a readers digest , lol. Thank you for being an awesome audience & again, I hope all of you will enjoy the new adventure… it will begin Monday!