How could you take better care of your mental health?
Mental health is very important to me, so this question definitely is helpful to not only myself but to others who have mental health conditions and need advice or tips that I am currently taking or that I am planning on implementing in my life so that I can live a healthier lifestyle. If any of my readers would like to add to this list of things, please feel free, everyone is different and I am always open to different ideas.
- Ridding people in my life who are toxic, negative, and mentally draining
- Finding ways to better manage my anxieties, depressive moods and stress
- Fueling my mind with affirmations, meditations, good quality food, and positive thoughts
- Not allow myself to give too much of myself to anyone to prevent from pouring from an “empty cup”
- Have boundaries/create boundaries to have control over myself and what I will allow and prevent those from taking advantage of me
- Communicate with a therapist, friend, family, spouse instead of keeping everything bundled up inside
- Take time for myself as much as possible
- read, listen to podcast, watch educational videos – keep my mind busy with learning experiences
- Get enough sleep daily
What is your dream job?
- Goodness, the real question is what don’t I want to do as a dream job. My dream job is a multitude of things but come together because they surround my passion for fitness/health/mental health. For starters, I would love to have a job working with elite athletes and professional sports teams as their personal trainer or strength and conditioning coach. Besides that, I would enjoy being a professional fitness/health blogger/writer with a successful website, while also working with companies and contributing to their magazines and publications on the topics of fitness/health/mental health and LGBTQ as well. As a side hustle or part time job, I would want to be a motivational speaker that travels and talks about the importance of exercise, building self esteem/having self love and wellness. It would be a bonus to my dream job if I became an established author and had my own line of products as well.
I have some big dreams when it comes to having my dream job, I want to do it all and then some, I want to do big things that make bigger impacts in people’s lives in a positive way.
What is your dream job? are you currently working in the field of your dream job, if not, wh
What would you like to achieve in the next year?
- There are so many things I would like to achieve, but here is a sneak peek of goals I have
- Moving to a bigger city
- Having my own podcast
- my blog reaching 10,000 followers/subscribers
- success with being a personal trainer at my place of work and as an independent contractor w/ my own business
- Starting a book
- creation of my very own product line
- having all my credit cards paid off
- having my own place/space (no roomies)
- physically stronger and leaner
- Traveling to more places on my own
- Having done more than 2 powerlifting meets
- Starting a club/group within my community or joining some
- Working for a bigger gym
- Meeting the owner of the company who sponsors me
- Making meditation a daily routine
- writing for more magazine publications
- Having my personal website take off and do well
- Making a passive income; where I work less and do more things I enjoy
- Motivational speaking around the world on the topic of fitness/health/mental health and LGBTQ
- attend more fitness conventions/seminars and events
- working one job again instead of two
- the possibility of going back to college to further my education
- Having a portfolio built of pictures so that I can do modeling gigs in the fitness industry and build myself and reputation
Where were you, 10 years, 5 years, and 1 year ago?
- So this is a good question that requires long answers. I will try to keep them semi short for the same of having to read everything but what I wrote down on paper was much longer due to me really getting my thoughts out. 10 years ago, I was 16 years of age, 11th grade, living in Texas for the 2nd year. I had a few friends at this time, and I wasn’t playing basketball anymore due to a certain circumstance that got me kicked off the team the previous year (which I thought was highly unacceptable), but I was still running track and trying to figure my own life out. I wasn’t necessarily happy living in Texas but enjoyed visiting my Uncle and grandfather who lived a ways away in Texas. I wasn’t dating anyone, but I had a few crushes here and there. I was still uncomfortable with my sexuality — because I didn’t quite understand myself but didn’t really think much about it and didn’t reach out to anyone for understanding (I dealt with things alone) I flirted with guys plenty and got a lot of attention from dudes from school who would say vulgar or anticipate that I would have some sort of sexual experience with them (which I did not) the furthest thing I did was texting inappropriately but I had little knowledge on the subject, I was just searching for something & didn’t know what it was. I had good grades in school at this time and I was probably getting the news we would be leaving before I started my senior year to a new state.
- 5 years ago, I was 21 years old, happy as hell that I was finally able to drink alcohol legally (although I was drinking it before this) and I was not close to my mom, we would argue and bicker often, I wasn’t close to my younger brother at all, we just didn’t see eye to eye. I was still in denial about my sexuality to other people but I was already out to my mom at age 18 about being bisexual at the time, but wasn’t out about it to certain family members and friends. I was having an internal battle with myself, I don’t think I was in a serious relationship with anyone but I was dating around somewhat & meeting people offline. I had a few experiences here and there with men my age and older but nothing that I want to get into depth about. I was probably out of college (taking a break) but working two jobs at the time and living with a roommate. I didnt have my life together and wasn’t sure where I would end up.
- 1 year ago, I was 25 years old, my relationship with my mom was shaking but better and my younger brother and me were getting along better as well. I was out in totally by this age and I don’t think I identified as bisexual anymore, so I think I mainly stuck with dating women at this point. Not in a serious relationship, but had pretty much dated around for a while. I was working at the Anytime Fitness gym and working with a company that helped the mentally and physically handicapped. I had already graduated college years prior to this and decided on being a personal trainer as a career choice. I was eager about the future but still dealing with the fact me and my ex had broken up the year previous to this.
I like to think my life has been a rollercoaster of weird stuff and with all kinds of mistakes and lessons to have been learned from them. I might not still have my life together but I at least know what I want out of life for the most part now compared to then. My relationships with my family now aren’t as bad (although we have our days) but I am busy with two jobs and working on myself more than not, and I want so much for myself, I have put myself first these days and hopefully it pays off.
If you are feeling up to it, share where you were 10 years, 5 years and 1 year ago. If not all three, choose one and share. I know it can be quite the question but the reflection is nice to look back on.
What cause do you feel strongly about? How can you help?
- Mental health awareness
- Suicide Awareness
- LGBTQ rights
Basically I can choose to join communities or organizations, I am create forums or groups where people can feel safe talking to others who may know how they feel, I can spread awareness through my writing and sharing my own experiences, voting and taking part in government issues so I can stay up to date and make choices that are going to benefit me and my cause(s),
Are there any causes that you feel strongly about? list them.