This southern recipe is popular by far when it comes to hearty breakfast food. I wasn’t raised in the south, but I am no stranger when it comes to biscuits & gravy. Currently residing in Ohio, the weather changes more often than not, and when the cold strikes us, there is nothing like a warm supper that comforts our stomach and soul, if you are someone who is looking for an easy but very delicious meal ticket, look no further because I think I found the right recipe for you.
- 8 ounces of bulk country breakfast sausage (or any type of sausage that pleases you)
- 3 Tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups of whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of rubbed sage
- salt & pepper
- 1 8 count tube of GRANDS refrigerated biscuits
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with a little water
- Cook sausage in a nonstick skillet, breaking it apart with a spoon as it cooks
- Sprinkle flour over sausage, stir and cook 1 minute
- gradually whisk in milk
- Add garlic powder, salt & pepper, and sage to taste. Simmer until thick.
- Either refrigerate gravy overnight or line a baking sheet with parchment paper, spread the gravy thin, and freeze for 30 minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, pull each biscuit apart into 2 layers
- place 1-2 tablespoon of chilled gravy on a biscuit half and top it with another biscuit piece. Seal around the edges, and tuck the edges under somewhat so they are less likely to pull apart
- Repeat for remaining biscuits. Brush top of each biscuit with egg wash
- Bake 15-18 minutes
Note: you may have some leftover gravy — the recipe calls that you can thin it out with some milk and microwave until warm and use it over the cooked biscuits
Follow the author of this recipe at spicysouthernkitchen for more recipes
A popular recipe that has many people’s attention is the overnight oats, I found a fun recipe on Pinterest that I think many of you will like – it comes packed some protein so definitely awesome for some of my athletes out there. I, have not had the chance to make my own overnight oats, but I keep so many recipes of them because I hope to at some point be able to create my own because they look so good! Yumm 🙂 I have had many of my friends who swear by overnight oats and say they make for a great breakfast or post workout snack as well, so definitely a plus-plus there. If you love peanut butter and banana, then you will be excited to try this recipe.
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats (regular or gluten-free)
- 1/2 of a small to medium size banana (sliced)
- 2/3 cup of unsweetened almond milk or your milk of your choice
- 1/2 Tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1/2 Tablespoon of protein powder
- 1/2- 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 tsp of pure maple syrup
- dash of sea salt
- Combine all your ingredients into a small jar (such as a mason jar)
- Stir well
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at the bare minimum of 4 hours
- You can eat this chilled or warmed up and if you choose, garnish with peanut butter or more bananas.
If you are looking for mason jars at a decent price, check out this link:
Definitely will come handy for when you want to stock up for meal planning, this link comes with 12 🙂
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”
I did this challenge because Christianweightlosssucess nominated me for it after I told him that I enjoy hot/spicy food. I did not know what all to expect since I have never had issues with hot foods. I had watched videos of other YouTubers doing this challenge and everyone had the same reactions (panicking and their mouths burned up) – I not only did this challenge, but unlike the many others, I ate TWO habanero peppers, not just one. I will say this, never again will I take part in this challenge (not even for a redo) – use my video to spread awareness, because I would NOT recommend anyone do this challenge, let alone eat two whole habaneros, because it was painful and took awhile for my pain to finally come to a hault.. I had to leave the room and stop the camera because I was in so much pain. Lesson learned, do not ever listen to this guy Christian – for pay back, I nominated him for this same challenge, hopefully he gets to feel my burn. Otherwise, I do not want all my followers/readers to take part in this challenge because it isn’t fun and I don’t want harm to come your way, seriously. This was my first time eating a habanero pepper, and I didn’t enjoy the taste too much! lol ..
Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow my social media 🙂