“This isn’t normal, but nothing I do is a trend” – says me
Normally.. I spend my day away posting quotes on #MondayMotivation but today, I decided to come in with a twist and surprise everybody with something odd, but something worth noting. Since many of you may not know some of this and may not listen to my YouTube videos, I figured.. well I will spend some extra time on Monday and invest my time in teaching you something. Today’s teaching is: what you put in, is what you get out of it. I will be the first to tell you, this whole month has been good for many reasons. Small reasons, maybe petty reasons, but reasons that made my day shine that much brighter.
- I write for the former editor of the muscle & Fitness magazine
- I can send in my pitches to the chief editor of muscle and fitness magazine
- I have had 2-3 different CrossFit Games competitors tweet me:) – I fangirled
- I had a celebrity (musician) comment on my Instagram photos
- I have had Chris Hardwick (host of the talking dead) say my tweet live on his show
- I have had gotten many, many, many facebook friend request from people who have read my blog
- I continue to get subs and emails from people who support my writing
- I have made some new gym buddies..
- I have met some rad bloggers on all my blog sites
- I love my YouTube subscribers, they make me smile
I look back and say to myself, I got damn lucky! Many people have gotten way more and way less than me, but I continue to rise above. See, I used to think there is no way a magazine would want me to write for them, but I proved myself wrong. I used to think tweeting is stupid and nothing comes out of it, shit.. I was wrong. I used to think Celebrities don’t honestly have time to comment on a fan’s instagram, but that was wrong. I used to think.. people are weirdos for adding me on facebook! lol. that is still true! haha. jk
I didn’t think someone would extend themselves to me at the gym and we would end up working out together, that is awesome. I didn’t think I would have time to read other people’s blogs because this was supposed to be about me, but I love it. I didn’t think it would be a good idea to be on YouTube , but I am finding out, people want to see me grow. I am finding out so much about myself, the girl who started with 0 likes and followers on her blog, who struggled day and night trying to get someone to see me through a screen, to find my voice when I type. My blog anniversary will be coming up sometime in December (which I will announce). I think to myself, I couldn’t have gotten where I am now: without anger, tears, panic, research.. it took me so long to realize.. I have the power to change something but first I had to change my attitude. This MondayMotivation is to my growth, your growth, to my hard work, to your hard work, to my failures, to your failure and to our triumphs!
Happy Monday Motivation Everyone
I am writing this post a lot later than my usual due to my late return home, the unexpected nap I had that when I woke up I was in the Twilight zone for a hour or so, my mind being on other things and semi- having to meal plan and eat dinner, not to mention time has been passing me by. Today was a good day at the gym this morning, I ended up working out with someone new, whom works at the gym and she introduced me to new back and delt exercises and good conversation and laughs. I appreciate it, because it isn’t easy for me to reach out to people, I have social anxiety (another conversation for later) and I have minimal confidence sometimes, but I decided to reach out to her because we have fitness in common and she is a personal trainer, much like I will be soon. It was just really cool to connect with someone else in the field with some of the same interest. John & his SISTER shown up today for a workout, which was wonderful, she snuck in without me seeing her, but we ended up catching up and I had John do his warm-up on his own and exercise on his own today since I was working out with someone else at the time and he handled everything very well on his own, so I am proud of him. As always feel free to leave your workouts in the comments below.
- Walking lunge with hands up
- Side bends 10 reps
- Frankies 8-10 reps
- Stationary bike: 45 minutes, level 6, RPMs 70-80
- Planks: 3 sets, 1:14 each
- Treadmill: 5 minutes, no incline, 2.5 speed
John said he enjoyed his workout for today on the bike, he said after 25 minutes, he could feel the burn, which is what I was hoping for honestly, and I think tomorrow, I will have him do it again, the same workout because I want him to continue doing well, but if not the same workout, I may have him do an interval workout on the bike, we shall see. Anyways, good workout. I get to sit down with his sister Thursday after the gym to discuss our plans on her workout and goals, so that will be exciting as well.
- Treadmill: 15 minutes, no incline, 3.5 speed
Workout Session: (back/delts/traps)
- Rack pull: 3 sets, 85lb 10-12 reps
- Rack pull: 2 sets, 105lb, 10-12 reps
This was a new exercise for me, It didn’t utilize the hamstrings like the deadlift does, but it really worked the upper back, I felt it. I will be implementing this exercise more often.
- Lat Pulldowns (wide grip) (Pyramid edition): 40lb (low weight) – 15 reps, 1 set.
- Lat Pulldown: 55lb, 1 set, 15 reps
- lat pulldown: 70lb, 1 set, 10 reps
- lat pulldown: 85lb, 1 set, 8-10 reps
- lat pulldown: 100lb, 1 set, 6 -8 reps
I started from low weight and worked my way up to my max, which my max is really 120lb but decided to stop at 100 this time, and then from the max I worked my way all the way back up to 40lb doing the same amount of sets and reps. I don’t normally always implement pyramids but I didn’t mind it and I felt it afterwards, definitely something I will keep in mind when I workout.
- low pull row/lat pushdown supersets: 100lb low row, 10-12 reps. Lat pushdowns 30lb 8-10 reps, we did about 4-5 sets
I have done supersets before, but they are really killer sometimes depending on the workout, I don’t mind the low row, because my max is 120 right now and it is a easy exercise. The lat pushdowns I don’t do often and when I do, I use the V-bar but we used the rope instead; which was fine. I felt the lat pushdowns the whole time during the exercise, I mean it was burning.
- Cable crossover/kneeling lat pulldown combo superset: 5-10 pounds on the cable crossover, and 20lb on the kneeling lat pulldown, we did about 3-4 sets and 8-10 reps on each exercise.
I have never done the kneeling lat pulldown, it was very awkward at first and took some getting used to, she was lifting more than myself, but hopefully I will be lifting much more as well. The crossover I have done a few times using the cables but this time tried a new way of doing it by lifting them higher in hopes it will do more for my upper back and worked out fine.
- Bentover barbell rows/bentover seated dumbbell flyes: We used the miniature barbells, not the big one. I used 50lb for the barbell rows, and 15lb for the flyes. We did about 4-5 sets, and 8-10 reps for each.
Overall this was a good workout for the back, I am very happy with it and I like I said, very pleased with being able to workout with someone new at the gym. I will be implementing most if not all these workouts in the future when working on upperbody and or back exercises! Hope all of you have enjoyed.
Oh wait there is more!
- Planks: 3 sets, 1 minute each
I did the planks with John and his sister, definitely felt them again today.
Your fitness blogger,