- 1 lb of raw shrimp, peeled & cleaned
- 5 tbsp of softened butter
- 3-4 large cloves of garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper
- fresh or dried parsley to use as a garnish
- lemon wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Spread butter evenly on the bottom of the baking dish
- sprinkle crushed garlic over the butter
- add the shrimp
- bake for 7 minutes, then stir/turn shrimp, then bake for another 7-10 minutes
- squeeze a lemon wedge if desired and garnish with parsley
This dish would probably go great as part of a pasta dish, or as a side to a steak, even possibly adding it to a salad might be okay.
How many of you are shrimp fans? let me know in the comment section!
This was last week’s video with my fitness collaboration partner – nofilternina, as we discuss our results since the beginning of the program.
Last Saturday I missed the opportunity to share a recipe with all of you, but was able to do one on my podcast last Thursday. This particular recipe, is for anyone who enjoys sweet potatoes, personally, I do not, so I most likely will not give this a try, but my family loves it so I know they make something with similar ingredients during the holiday months. Hopefully this quick recipe will be one you share with the folks.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- maple syrup (preferably pure) 2 tbsp
- cinnamon 1/4 tsp
- nutmeg 1/4 tsp
- pepper 1/4 tsp
- salt 1/2 tsp
- olive oil 1 1/2 tbsp
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or tin foil and spray it. (or without use of parchment paper and spray it with cooking spray)
- Cut the sweet potatoes in cubed shaped, and place them inside a mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and maple syrup on top of them, then sprinkle the spices, mix together until the sweet potatoes are well covered
- Dump onto the cookie sheet and bake them for 15-20 minutes (should be tender and slightly crispy) and you will want to stir the sweet potatoes half way through cooking time.
for those of you who didn’t know, I was asked to do a guest blog for a friend about college and fitness – preparing high school seniors for college and freshmen college students for what is to come. I share some nifty tips and advice and give you some real world examples of what temptations will lie in the way and share some personal experiences as well. I hope that not only will you support this blog post and share it among your peers, but that you will take the time to check out her blog as a whole because it is also speaks on time management skills. Thank you for your support! leave feedback in the comments!
Fitness Wonder Woman
My YouTube video today will talk about my eating habits, workouts (Fri-Sun) and what is going on in my life (thoughts, feelings, anxieties, etc). Feel free to follow, subscribe to the YouTube channel, share, comment.