FitFam Monday Jan. 9th
Remember how I shared with all of you about my workout on Saturday being lengthy, well come to find out, today’s workout was also very lengthy as well. I didn’t mean for it to happen, but realized I had to make up for another day at the gym I missed. I woke up this morning getting my workout together on paper, when I realized, holy shit, I missed another day, I was trying my best to talk myself out of caring, but just couldn’t do it. LOL. So cheers to another time consuming workout that really challenged my mindset and my time management skills.
I did not do a “warm up”, but instead did my 1st cardio workout first to get my body warmed up for my lifts afterwards.
- Cardio: Steady state (any mode of your choice), 45 minutes, 65%-75% of HR
- Dumbbell push up to row: 3 x 6-10, 40 lb
- Romanian Deadlift: 3 x 6-10, 155lb Superset with DB sumo squat: 3 x 6-10, 30lb
- Pronated wide grip pullup: 3 x 6-10
- DB lunge: 3 x 6-10, 40lb Superset with leg extension: 3 x 6-10, 110 lb
- Standing calf raise: 3 x 6-10
- Overhead press: 3 x 6-10, 40lb Superset with lateral DB raise: 3 x 6-10, 30lb
- Triceps dips: 3 x 6-10 Superset with barbell bicep curl: 3 x 6-10, 40 lb
- HIIT Training: 20 minutes, 30 seconds all out, 90 seconds recovery
I did some good PR’s while I was at, I did one for the push up to row (went up about 10 lb) which made me happy, plus my form during that exercise was a lot better and I was able to keep my balance better as well. Overall the workout wasn’t horrible, just long and tons of cardio got worked in. Hopefully tomorrow my workout won’t be as lengthy – fingers crossed.
Feel free to leave your workouts and gains in the comment section, share this with your friends/family and follow me if you don’t already.
Your Fitness blogger,