With the colder months upon us, I figured I would share a soup recipe for those that enjoy a warm meal during the colder seasons. I have yet to try this particular recipe but it looked good and for those that want something new to add to your recipe book, figured I would share it with everyone.
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 10 oz can enchilada sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (drained)
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat, add the onion and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the enchilada sauce and cream cheese – break down the cream cheese with a spoon and cook until the cheese is completely melted
- Add the diced tomatoes, black beans, frozen corn and stir
- Add the chopped chicken breast & chicken broth. stir and cook for about 10-15 minutes. stir occasionally. Do NOT boil the soup for too long, because the cheese could curdle, if the soup is too thick – add more chicken broth.
- Remove from heat, top with green onions and mozzarella cheese & serve.
Happy National Food Day Bloggers!
In honor of National Food day, leave a comment letting us know your favorite food(s)!
Happy National Pasta Day!
In honor of National Pasta Day,
I want to know what your favorite pasta dish is? if you don’t eat pasta, what is your favorite alternative!
What is your favorite healthy food? leave comments!