What causes you to be anxious?
- Running late
- Starting a new job
- moving to a new location (new state, city, new roommates, etc)
- traveling someplace new on my own
- being in crowded spaces
- having to make difficult decisions
- not feeling financially secure or having to worry about finances/bills
- driving in bad weather
- weight gain, body fat increase (self image)
- failing at something
- First dates
- when I lose something important to me
- when other people around me are having a bad day — & their attitudes toward me are negative
- when people are talking badly about me in my presence.
- being involved in confrontations
- talking on the phone
- adulting sometimes
These are are just a short list of things that cause me to be anxious. Feel free to add your own list in the comment section.
Are you kind to yourself?
- There was a blogger whom I used to talk to more regularly that would always tell me to be kind to myself, at first, it was hard to think of what it truly meant to be kind to myself, but after giving it some deep thought, it all started to make more sense to me as to what he was telling me, because at the time I was going through a series of negative energy that I had going on– I was battling a break up, going through a form of depression and struggling to pass an important exam. I can honestly say within the last 4-5 months I have been more kind to myself than I have in the past. The hardest part is being kind to myself even when I am going through hardships or battling with my emotions but after it feels good to be kind to myself, feels good to treat myself better than I have in the past and it has made me stronger.
Do any of you struggle with being kind to yourself? if so, why is that and in what ways can you change that?