I realize this is the vegetable that normally you like or you hate, no middle ground with but like many other things, you may find how you cook something changes the flavor, the texture and possibly your liking for it. If you have shunned off asparagus due to not liking the taste, I ask that you give it another try with this recipe. For those of you who are lactose and don’t eat cheese or have allergic reactions to cheese, this particular recipe can either be altered to your liking or if you are like me (who is lactose intolerant) and still takes the risk of eating dairy then this might be up your alley. I figured those of you who are vegan and vegetarian may enjoy this recipe most.
Of course a great recipe side or can be eaten on its own for a meal.
- 1 lb of asparagus spears — the woody part removed
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic (or 4 cloves of garlic minced)
- 3/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat over to 425 F, lightly grease non stick baking sheet with cooking oil spray
- Arrange asparagus on baking sheet; set aside
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle the oil mixture over the asparagus and toss to evenly coat
- Bake for 15 minutes, until vibrant and just beginning to tender
- Remove from oven, top with mozzarella cheese, return to oven & broil or grill until until the cheese melts and becomes golden (4-5 minutes)
- Serve immediately
For more recipe, make sure to follow Cafedelites