For those of you with a sweet tooth, this recipe is bound to crush those cravings and give you a healthy alternative to the flour that is normally used in making a cake. When I seen this recipe, I knew I would have to share it, especially with my love for peanut butter (gets me in trouble when I smash a whole jar) but taste so good! I am looking forward to making this soon, and if you have yet to do it, you should make it too!
- 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter, creamy
- 1/8 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of white granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- Whisk all ingredients into a over-sized mug that is microwave safe until smooth
- Microwave for 1 minute
- let cool for a few minutes before eating
Make sure to follow KirbieCravings for her recipes and it also shows the nutritional values for everything she makes! so check it out!
I realize this is the vegetable that normally you like or you hate, no middle ground with but like many other things, you may find how you cook something changes the flavor, the texture and possibly your liking for it. If you have shunned off asparagus due to not liking the taste, I ask that you give it another try with this recipe. For those of you who are lactose and don’t eat cheese or have allergic reactions to cheese, this particular recipe can either be altered to your liking or if you are like me (who is lactose intolerant) and still takes the risk of eating dairy then this might be up your alley. I figured those of you who are vegan and vegetarian may enjoy this recipe most.
Of course a great recipe side or can be eaten on its own for a meal.
- 1 lb of asparagus spears — the woody part removed
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic (or 4 cloves of garlic minced)
- 3/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat over to 425 F, lightly grease non stick baking sheet with cooking oil spray
- Arrange asparagus on baking sheet; set aside
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle the oil mixture over the asparagus and toss to evenly coat
- Bake for 15 minutes, until vibrant and just beginning to tender
- Remove from oven, top with mozzarella cheese, return to oven & broil or grill until until the cheese melts and becomes golden (4-5 minutes)
- Serve immediately
For more recipe, make sure to follow Cafedelites
- 4 (6 oz each of salmon fillets)
- 4-6 cups of broccoli
- 4 gloves of garlic (minced)
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon of light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- salt and black pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Grease sheet pan with cooking spray
- Arrange broccoli florets and salmon on sheet pan
- Rub minced garlic on each fillet, set aside
- In a whisking bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, oregano, thyme and rosemary
- pour the butter mixture over the salmon and veggies
- Take half the lemon and squeeze it over everything and add salt and pepper
- place sheet pan in the over and cook for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and garnish with parsley
I haven’t had salmon myself, but if salmon is not a fish of choice, feel free to sub it out for another kind of fish of your liking! Also be sure to follow Diethood for more recipes and alternatives to this recipe! good eats 🙂
With the colder months upon us, I figured I would share a soup recipe for those that enjoy a warm meal during the colder seasons. I have yet to try this particular recipe but it looked good and for those that want something new to add to your recipe book, figured I would share it with everyone.
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 10 oz can enchilada sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (drained)
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat, add the onion and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the enchilada sauce and cream cheese – break down the cream cheese with a spoon and cook until the cheese is completely melted
- Add the diced tomatoes, black beans, frozen corn and stir
- Add the chopped chicken breast & chicken broth. stir and cook for about 10-15 minutes. stir occasionally. Do NOT boil the soup for too long, because the cheese could curdle, if the soup is too thick – add more chicken broth.
- Remove from heat, top with green onions and mozzarella cheese & serve.