for those of you who didn’t know, I was asked to do a guest blog for a friend about college and fitness – preparing high school seniors for college and freshmen college students for what is to come. I share some nifty tips and advice and give you some real world examples of what temptations will lie in the way and share some personal experiences as well. I hope that not only will you support this blog post and share it among your peers, but that you will take the time to check out her blog as a whole because it is also speaks on time management skills. Thank you for your support! leave feedback in the comments!
Fitness Wonder Woman
Hey Bloggers! HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT!
I have OFFICIALLY made it to 5,000 subscribers on this blog!
what does it mean? It means over 5,000 people signed up on my blog to have notifications sent to their email whenever I post something new. I made this my goal in hopes I would hit it before the beginning of next year & some days have been really hard because my traffic slows down or I miss days blogging due to other obligations and so it makes me feel really good that through all the crappy days this blog has encountered that something like this would happen. I appreciate all of you who enjoy my content, and enjoy sharing feedback in the comments – I about cried when I had seen this , because there are so many fitness/health blogs, and YouTubers and so it becomes saturated and standing out becomes harder and harder, seemingly impossible at times. What makes my blog unique is I use my own “voice” when writing, My content doesn’t tell you how to live your life but it gives you ideas and information, it doesn’t matter your fitness level or where you are in your journey, it is always helpful. I like to think that what makes my blog stand out is I use my brand Fitness WonderWoman to catch your attention, and make you ask yourself, what makes her the “wonderwoman of fitness” – this is my brand and trademark and I use it for my career and my blog and YouTube, etc & people love it and grab on to it because it makes them feel like they can trust me and you can.
Having this many people care about my blog and what I have to say, is SUPER AMAZING and unbelievable! Honestly unbelievable! I am so blessed and happy beyond belief and I am so happy that I made some awesome blog friends who have been more than supportive and helpful, and have driven me to aim high and keep going. I just want to end this with, I love you bloggers and I want all of us to excel together no matter your niche! keep going, aim high and soar! xoxo
I was tagged recently in a YouTube “Goals/mindset” tag by another fellow YouTuber.
I had seven questions to answer and then had to tag 5 other people in the YouTube community, so hopefully all of you will enjoy this video.
If you cannot view the video and want me to send you the questions via email, or leave them in the comment section, let me know – I don’t mind 🙂
Bound By Flaws.
For a first time in a long time..
It had occur to me that people see me as this “super human” amazing women who lifts heavy and walks with confidence and seemingly has her life together & everything she does just seems to be #goals (my blog, my workout, my future career, my online presence, physique, etc) & this scares me a little bit, actually a lot of bit. I mean granted I am thankful that I have inspired people, built relationships and rapport with people who now trust me enough to come to me with questions about fitness/health, have had a blog that went from 0 to hero in matter of months and that I tend to make people smile with my random comedic personality BUT what scares me is that people seem to think because of all this I did do, that they think they can’t do it. Like it took some magical pixie dust and oops the store ran out of it, so looks like no one else is capable of doing AMAZING things with their own life.
I hate to give it to you like this.. BUT.. I am only human. That’s right, I came out the vagina the same way you did and I ended up on planet earth just like you. my baby self didn’t have a 6 pack and big arms, I surely wasn’t tying blogs at the age of 2 and I couldn’t have been that famous because I am still broke & I am willing to bet .. no one really even knows me besides family and friends and the people who know of me online. I could lie and say I am a HUGE deal but lets get real, I am not. Do I want to be? YES! because I have a lot to offer in my field and I know I am capable of GREAT things! I believe this. I know how hard I have to work in order to keep my physique in top notch if I want the “deals” and exposure, I know what it takes to keep my blog running smoothly so that all of you keep coming back to pester me about how much you love my stuff (lol) & I know how much constant research, learning and events it will take for me to build more knowledge so I know what I am talking about and can teach others and spread my knowledge to others who listen to me. My life is not all daisies and wildflowers with tons of sunshine – I have cloudy days. I have periods and bloating that makes me look “gross” , I have struggled with body shaming, I have had the ups and downs of having a nice physique, I have failed in sporting events, I have struggled with my own self confidence and who I am, I have struggled financially, I have lost out on many opportunities (not being good enough), I have days where my abs are no longer there and my arms look like twigs and I am crying trying to pick myself back up. I have had many days where my post suck and I felt like walking away, and for goodness sake .. I know what it is like to have flaws.
The problem is, maybe not all my flaws are seen with the human eye, maybe some of them are seen and you can pinpoint them in less than 5 seconds, but it doesn’t matter because I am no better than anyone else. Being in the fitness field can put a lot of pressure on you to be something like someone else in order to gain a huge following, more “friends”, more money and more fame. I don’t mind the pressure much anymore because I had to stop trying to be like her or him and had to try better at doing what I do best: being me, with flaws and all. I can’t always show my flaws because, hey it is a business, and I have to put on a good face and a good show if I want to keep everyone else around me happy, but when I do, it hits hard — because that is the one time I can let go and just allow myself to cry or get angry. Becoming a trainer isn’t easy either, hell .. you are responsible for someone outside of yourself and being an athlete, well hell you are responsible with being “good” and if not good, then you better be able to handle the harsh criticisms because the world is ready to chew you whole and spit you out. Truth is, during this whole time of learning about myself and wanting to go the distance in everything I do, I have learned I am as strong as I allow but I can’t handle every hurdle and I can’t handle every ball thrown at me.. because like everyone else, I am human and I am going to have days where I fall and getting back up will seem impossible.
Hopefully this post gave people some perspective and understanding. Feel free to leave comments, likes, share it on social media or follow me 🙂 Thank you.
Your Fitness Blogger,
I wanted to keep everyone update on my life as far as my writing, work, goals, etc.
I have some good news I want to share with all of you and hopefully all of you will be just as excited to hear it.
- I spoke with a fellow fitness blogger and we are expecting to do a collaboration this month that should be finished by the end of October. It will have something to do with fitness/health & will definitely be worth the wait. It is very exciting. She reached out to me on social media and wanted to do something different and invited me to work with her on it, we spoke via phone and decided what we kind of want to do, and agreed on some topics and are in the making of creating something fun for our audience! Many of you probably already follow her blog, gojenbefit, if you don’t, take a look at it, she has some good content to offer 🙂
- I have not heard back from the editor as of yet, so it should be this week or next, I still have one more article due that needs done by the 27th, so pretty soon I will be working on that article. Busy, busy.
- I am still studying for my CPT exam, not fun but needs done so I am prepared.
- I have two guest bloggers who will soon be turning in their articles to me to be posted on my site. Be on the lookout for them, they will be awesome!
- I have not done my pitch yet for the editor of Muscle & Fitness magazine, but I am trying to make some time in doing that as well, since he did offer me to send him more, I will take advantage of this
- I have contacted a fellow blogger who many of you know and asked if he would allow me to do an interview and/or present a blog post to be featured on his page and he has gotten back with me on the idea and I believe next week we will be setting up an interview via skype. I am hoping it makes his radio talk show, that would be awesome, but if not, I still think it is awesome I get this opportunity! I am very nervous and excited all in one. Hopefully he doesn’t throw me any curve balls, LOL. I will and I am sure he will let everyone know when the video gets posted 😀 be on the lookout for that as well!
- I have been receiving many positive emails from some of you and I would like to say thank you! it is always awesome when I can wake up and read your emails! love it.
- Follow me on social media, if you would like, I am active on all of them (yeah I don’t know how I manage it either) lol. but love connecting with everyone in various ways.
- Thank you for the continued support on my Youtube videos, I know I can be a goof many times, but everything I tell you has some form of meaning to it. I do plan on making more videos besides on Monday’s but right now, my schedule is full most days, but I will let everyone know when I decide to add more videos and on what days. I am looking at starting “Topic Tuesdays” – yes I did make this clever idea up, lol so be on the lookout when I announce my first Topic Tuesday video.
- Finally, I want to let everyone know, I apologize if I don’t always get to your new post “on time” or if I don’t seem like I venture to your page often enough, I really honestly try to make it to your page with the time I do have, I am not the fastest reader in the world, so when I do venture.. reading each post takes me time and that is why sometimes I don’t make it back to your page for days or weeks at a time. In an event you want me to look at a particular post and leave feedback, let me know.. I don’t mind, I try to at least read and like what I like, if I don’t like it, I don’t pretend I do. LOL or I haven’t read it yet.
- If you want to be a guest post on my blog, you are more than welcome to contact me and give me the scoop in what you want to write and if I like it, cool, if not, we shall tweak it or I keep it real and tell ya it isn’t a good fit, but no worries I am very chill:) If you want me to pick out a topic for you, I do that too. it just means more work for me. LOL. Also, I can guest post for others, if you want me as a guest post or interview, contact me, and we can talk about it.
- As far as collaborations, if you want to collaborate with me on something, that is cool too! I am always open to work together on a project with people!
Don’t hold me accountable for this semi-long post, lol. My life isn’t all daisies, I just left out the disasters . haha.
Your fitness blogger,