I love you no matter who you are or who you love! #gaypride
Today is National Coming Out Day! 🙂 I want everyone who follows me that is part of the LGBT & LGBTQ community to know I always welcome you to my blogs and that I fully support it! I appreciate all of you for supporting me as well, considering I came out in 2010 🙂 I love you guys! HAVE A WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY! xo
“What Helps You The Most about the YouTube Community”?
for those of you who didn’t know, I was asked to do a guest blog for a friend about college and fitness – preparing high school seniors for college and freshmen college students for what is to come. I share some nifty tips and advice and give you some real world examples of what temptations will lie in the way and share some personal experiences as well. I hope that not only will you support this blog post and share it among your peers, but that you will take the time to check out her blog as a whole because it is also speaks on time management skills. Thank you for your support! leave feedback in the comments!
Fitness Wonder Woman
My YouTube video today will talk about my eating habits, workouts (Fri-Sun) and what is going on in my life (thoughts, feelings, anxieties, etc). Feel free to follow, subscribe to the YouTube channel, share, comment.
The Gym Can be scary for anyone
This was my video on gym-intimidation, make sure to read the description box under the video as well. Thank you 🙂
Rules & Expectations of the challenge:
- Anyone can participate (all fitness levels included)
- Push ups can be done in: Standard form, modified push up (knees on ground) or wall push up. If you need more modified options, talk to me and we will get you set up with one
- Each day I send you an email: either telling you of a rest day or amount of reps
- Everyone stays on the same page (ex: if I say 5 reps day one , THIS does not mean send me an email saying you did 15 reps) this is a challenge and while I enjoy over achievers, think of this as a team not as a way to get extra credit – if you choose to do 15 reps, do them on your own time not because you want to show off for me) – I will not treat anyone better because they might be able to do more .. equal opportunity for everyone
- You may choose to send me videos, or email me letting me know you finished them.
- The goal: 30 day push up challenge to 50 reps. I will be the first to say, that I cannot do 50 reps in one set, so I don’t expect that from you, and I don’t expect that many of you can do 10 reps in one set; if you need a break between reps, then take one.. this is not a bad thing 🙂
- I like consistency, if you start off doing push ups with the standard form, then continue to do it throughout the challenge. Same with any other form you begin with.
- Don’t be like me & do BAD push up form because you want to signal you are badass (because I refused to take a break during one of my videos) I don’t care how far down you go as long as you go down and back up – because everyone is at different levels, and not everyone can touch the ground with their chest or nose during a push up. Just make sure you are using proper form and going through the movement to avoid injury.
- This challenge will let YOU know where you stand during the push up , don’t be hard on yourself, and don’t give up. The next time this challenge comes up, you will do better and that should be the goal in mind if you struggle during the challenge.
- Ask me questions, I am here to answer them and tell me if you something is bothering you during the movements, I am an awesome person and know what I am talking about, I won’t set you up for failure.
- Watch my YouTube channel vids on the challenge for motivation or encouragement if you would like, this is why I post them.. my flaws and all on display 🙂
- You decide how far you go, if an injury occurs, busy schedule, etc, let me know.. don’t be upset and I won’t judge. You determine how far and can stop at any time.
- Yes, I will specifically keep track of everyone’s progress – because this will be useful for when this challenge pops up again in the future.
This challenge is meant to be fun, challenging for most, and a way to get yourself motivated & inspired. I don’t want anyone thinking they are not capable of doing this, because all of you are capable of doing this challenge. Nothing is going to be perfect the first round, so be ready to make mistakes – those happen and if you need someone, I am here for you. Remember this is the first time this challenge is happening, the next time it happens you will have another chance to do better, go further, improve on form/technique (don’t sweat the small stuff) I made mistakes throughout this challenge and haven’t finished yet but I know what I will do better next time.
If you think you will be interested in joining the 30-day March Push up challenge, contact me at Shay.email@example.com before March 1st 🙂 – this will be the first day of the challenge.
Make sure to share this information with friends and family, to get people involved, I want everyone to get involved and have fun with it. The more social support you have, the better off you will be.
Thanks for reading, looking forward to seeing all of you at the starting line.