I uploaded a new audio on my podcast for Monday Motivation.
for those of you who didn’t know, I was asked to do a guest blog for a friend about college and fitness – preparing high school seniors for college and freshmen college students for what is to come. I share some nifty tips and advice and give you some real world examples of what temptations will lie in the way and share some personal experiences as well. I hope that not only will you support this blog post and share it among your peers, but that you will take the time to check out her blog as a whole because it is also speaks on time management skills. Thank you for your support! leave feedback in the comments!
Fitness Wonder Woman
My YouTube video today will talk about my eating habits, workouts (Fri-Sun) and what is going on in my life (thoughts, feelings, anxieties, etc). Feel free to follow, subscribe to the YouTube channel, share, comment.
I have some pretty fun news for all of you who have been keeping up with my blog and enjoy my fitness/health post. I have started a new cut program with a fellow YouTuber; we will be doing video updates talking about our results and point of views every Friday – my video on Friday will talk about Mon-Thursday since Fridays I work and my Monday videos will talk about my Friday,Saturday, Sunday results to keep everyone informed on the whole week. She will be posting the video first and then I post the same video on my channel. We have our differences during this program; she will be following a more paleo macro diet.. because she is vegetarian and after watching the program videos feels as though it would best fit this program and I will be following my new macros – which I will share with all of you down below (but will not being eating paleo). Basically, after my first program I did that was 12 weeks long, she contacted me with questions and I made the decision to do another cut with her since she was new to it and it was easier to do it together than to explain everything since there is so many things that go into a cut depending on your fitness level and goals.
She chose the program herself, after doing some research and came up with https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jim-stoppani-six-week-shortcut-to-shred.html; which I agreed upon after looking at it. Then we decided that instead of doing it for only 6 weeks, we would do it twice for a total of 12 weeks because she wanted a longer duration. She started 4 days ahead of me because of my busy schedule, and being behind on looking through the program, so she will have more to say than I will sometimes but that is okay and hopefully we will both be able to help others and motivate people and just come out with some good results at the end. Her YouTube channel is: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB8r-myh5iyDB5uNms_56yQ & MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL IS: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIrhf0FpxoQk4F_bznTjIg
So with that being said, watch both of our channels to keep updated on our results and to show some honest support. Feel free to follow us on social media, subscribe to our channel and follow my blog because i will be posting the videos on here as well.
My Macros: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPSeYV4rKq0
Warm up: 2-3 minutes of jump rope
- Incline DB Flys: 3 x 12-15, 20 lb. (1 minute of cardio acceleration after each set: jump rope)
- DB flys: 3 x 12 -15, 20 lb & 30 lb. (1 minute of cardio acceleration after each set: bench step ups)
- Cable Crossover: 3 x 12-15, 40 lb. (1 minute of cardio acceleration after each set: squat jumps)
- Triceps Pushdown: 3 x 12-15, 70 lb. (1 minute of cardio acceleration after each set: box shuffle)
- Standing DB triceps extension:3 x 12-15, 40 lb. (1 minute of cardio acceleration after each set: kettlebell swings -8kg)
- Cable lying triceps extension: 3 x 12-15, 30 lb. (1 minute of cardio acceleration after each set: goblet squat – 30 lb)
- Crunches: 3 x 12-15. (1 minute of cardio acceleration after each set: running in place)
- One arm high pulley cable side bends: 3 x 12-15, 20 lb. (1 minute cardio acceleration after each set: lunge jumps)
All in all, definitely a good workout. I have to use really low weights during the cardio acceleration portion because the point of it is to do it for the whole minute without stopping and the cardio acceleration takes the place of the rest time you would usually have between sets. Definitely a good idea and helps with implementing cardio and strength. Warming up before your workout is very important in this program. I am hoping to blog my other two workouts for ya’ll to see that did in the previous days. Also, I plan on blogging all my workouts for you guys (sometimes I may be late in doing so depending on my work schedule) and sometimes I skip workout days due to having other obligations so those days I won’t be able to log obviously.. but I will do my best to keep everyone posted on each of my workout days. The link to the program will explain what our expectations are each day we do our workouts .. so that might be fun to read and learn about. Again we are hoping all of you will be supportive of our journey to getting shredded — feel free to leave comments or questions, I will leave my social media media and email at the bottom of this post. Thanks for reading!
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ShayFitnessWonderWoman/
Google + https://plus.google.com/+ShaylonMoss
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIrhf0FpxoQk4F_bznTjIg
The Gym Can be scary for anyone
This was my video on gym-intimidation, make sure to read the description box under the video as well. Thank you 🙂
- Make goals: simple, smart and realistic goals
- have a social circle who motivates you to do well and doesn’t discourage you
- Reward yourself for your progress: You deserve it!
- Use positive words: “I will, I can, I won’t give up”
- Go your own pace, don’t make it a race against someone else, because we don’t want you to feel left behind, we want you to feel like you did better this time vs the last
I know this sounds all too simple, but with motivation is discipline and you need both to make the best out of whatever you do. If you follow these few steps, you will start to see some positive changes within yourself 🙂 Good luck!
Your Fitness Blogger,
Rules & Expectations of the challenge:
- Anyone can participate (all fitness levels included)
- Push ups can be done in: Standard form, modified push up (knees on ground) or wall push up. If you need more modified options, talk to me and we will get you set up with one
- Each day I send you an email: either telling you of a rest day or amount of reps
- Everyone stays on the same page (ex: if I say 5 reps day one , THIS does not mean send me an email saying you did 15 reps) this is a challenge and while I enjoy over achievers, think of this as a team not as a way to get extra credit – if you choose to do 15 reps, do them on your own time not because you want to show off for me) – I will not treat anyone better because they might be able to do more .. equal opportunity for everyone
- You may choose to send me videos, or email me letting me know you finished them.
- The goal: 30 day push up challenge to 50 reps. I will be the first to say, that I cannot do 50 reps in one set, so I don’t expect that from you, and I don’t expect that many of you can do 10 reps in one set; if you need a break between reps, then take one.. this is not a bad thing 🙂
- I like consistency, if you start off doing push ups with the standard form, then continue to do it throughout the challenge. Same with any other form you begin with.
- Don’t be like me & do BAD push up form because you want to signal you are badass (because I refused to take a break during one of my videos) I don’t care how far down you go as long as you go down and back up – because everyone is at different levels, and not everyone can touch the ground with their chest or nose during a push up. Just make sure you are using proper form and going through the movement to avoid injury.
- This challenge will let YOU know where you stand during the push up , don’t be hard on yourself, and don’t give up. The next time this challenge comes up, you will do better and that should be the goal in mind if you struggle during the challenge.
- Ask me questions, I am here to answer them and tell me if you something is bothering you during the movements, I am an awesome person and know what I am talking about, I won’t set you up for failure.
- Watch my YouTube channel vids on the challenge for motivation or encouragement if you would like, this is why I post them.. my flaws and all on display 🙂
- You decide how far you go, if an injury occurs, busy schedule, etc, let me know.. don’t be upset and I won’t judge. You determine how far and can stop at any time.
- Yes, I will specifically keep track of everyone’s progress – because this will be useful for when this challenge pops up again in the future.
This challenge is meant to be fun, challenging for most, and a way to get yourself motivated & inspired. I don’t want anyone thinking they are not capable of doing this, because all of you are capable of doing this challenge. Nothing is going to be perfect the first round, so be ready to make mistakes – those happen and if you need someone, I am here for you. Remember this is the first time this challenge is happening, the next time it happens you will have another chance to do better, go further, improve on form/technique (don’t sweat the small stuff) I made mistakes throughout this challenge and haven’t finished yet but I know what I will do better next time.
If you think you will be interested in joining the 30-day March Push up challenge, contact me at Shay.email@example.com before March 1st 🙂 – this will be the first day of the challenge.
Make sure to share this information with friends and family, to get people involved, I want everyone to get involved and have fun with it. The more social support you have, the better off you will be.
Thanks for reading, looking forward to seeing all of you at the starting line.
Your Fitness Blogger,